- Volume 38 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Investigation into Crack-Tip Constraint of Curved Wide-Plate using Q-Stress
Q-응력을 이용한 휜 광폭평판 균열부 구속상태 변화 평가
- Lee, Hwee-Sueng (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat’l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Huh, Nam-Su (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat’l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Ki-Seok (Energy Infrastructure Research Group, POSCO) ;
- Shim, Sang-Hoon (Energy Infrastructure Research Group, POSCO) ;
- Cho, Woo-Yeon (Energy Infrastructure Research Group, POSCO)
- 이휘승 (서울과학기술대학교 기계시스템디자인공학과) ;
- 허남수 (서울과학기술대학교 기계시스템디자인공학과) ;
- 김기석 (POSCO 에너지인프라연구그룹) ;
- 심상훈 (POSCO 에너지인프라연구그룹) ;
- 조우연 (POSCO 에너지인프라연구그룹)
- Received : 2014.04.07
- Accepted : 2014.07.10
- Published : 2014.12.01
In the present paper, the effects of the thickness and width of a curved wide-plate, the crack length, and the strain hardening exponent on the crack-tip constraint of the curved wide-plate were investigated. To accomplish this, detailed three-dimensional elastic-plastic finite element (FE) analyses were performed considering various geometric and material variables. The material was characterized by the Ramberg-Osgood relationship, and the Q-stress was employed as a crack-tip constraint parameter. Based on the present FE results, the variations in the Q-stress of the curved wide-plate with the geometric variables and material properties were evaluated. This revealed that the effect of out-of-plane constraint conditions on the crack-tip constraint was closely related to the in-plane constraint conditions, and out-of-plane constraint conditions affected the crack-tip constraint more than in-plane constraint conditions.
Crack-tip Constraint;Curved Wide-Plate;Finite Element Analysis;HRR Singularity;Q-Stress
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Huh, N.S., Kim, Y.J., Choi, J.B., Kim, Y.J. and Pyo, C.R., 2004, "Prediction of Failure Behavior for Nuclear Piping Using Curved Wide-Plate Test," ASME Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, Vol. 126, pp. 419-425. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1806447
- Kim, Y.J., Kim, J.S., Cho, S.M. and Kim, Y.J., 2004, "3-D Constraint Effects on J Testing and Crack-Tip Constraint in M(T), SE(B), SE(T) and C(T) Specimens: Numerical Study," Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 71, pp. 1203-1218. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7944(03)00211-X
- Betegon, C. and Hancock, J.W., 1991, "Two-Parameter Characterization of Elastic-Plastic Crack-Tip Fields," Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 58, pp. 104-110. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2897135
- Kirk, M.T. and Dodds, R.H.Jr., 1993, "J and CTOD Estimation Equations for Shallow Cracks in Single Edge Notch Bend Specimens," Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 228-238. https://doi.org/10.1520/JTE11948J
- "ABAQUS/Standard User's Manual," Version 6.11-1, Dassault Systemes Corp., 2011.
- Hutchinson, J.W., 1968, "Singular Behavior of End of a Tensile Crack Tip in a Hardening Material," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 16, pp. 13-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(68)90014-8
- Rice, J.R. and Rosengren, G.F., 1968, "Plane Strain Deformation near a Crack Tip in a Power-Law Hardening Material," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 16, pp. 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(68)90013-6
- O'Dowd, N.P. and Shih, C.F., 1991, "Family of Crack Tip Fields Characterized by a Triaxiality Parameter-I, Structure of Fields," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 39, No. 8, pp. 989-1015. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(91)90049-T
- O'Dowd, N.P. and Shih, C.F., 1991, "Family of Crack Tip Fields Characterized by a Triaxiality Parameter-II, Fracture Applications," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 40, No. 5, pp. 939-963.
- Anderson, T.L., 2004, "Fracture Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications," Third Edition, Chap. 3, CRC Press.