- Volume 63 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Application Analysis for Loss of Excitation Relay of Generator Protection
발전기 보호용 계자상실 계전기의 적용 분석
- Received : 2014.11.12
- Accepted : 2014.11.19
- Published : 2014.12.01
Recently, the LOE(loss of excitation) incidents are occurred in domestic synchronous generator frequently, the synchronous generator protection system has been much attention for the LOE protection of the incidents that threats synchronous generators and power systems. This paper was showed the characteristics and practices of distance relay that widely used LOE protection relaying in generator. Firstly, the operating characteristics and the impedance locus for LOE of the generator protection were introduced. Even if the conventional simulation program is used for modeling, but it is difficult to implement a LOE modeling and simulation of synchronous generator. So, the LOE relay operation data collected from thermal power plant and nuclear power plant in real fields were analyzed. By reviewing the applications of GE Mho relays, the reliability of LOE for synchronous generator protection in domestic were improved.
Supported by : 강릉원주대학교
- Y.T. Oh, K.H. Seok, J.J. Yang, C.W. Park, "A Study on th Application of the Generator Protection for the Loss Of Excitation", KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 262-263, 2012.
- Chul-Won Park, et al., "Development of Prototype Multifuction IED for Internal Fault Protection of Large Generator", Ministry of Knowledge Economy, Technology Innovation Project, Final Report, pp. 1-217, 2013.
- IEEE Std C37.102, "IEEE Guide for AC Generator Protection", pp. 1-167, 2006.
- Y.S. Lyu, H.R. Joo, W.J. Kim, J.H. Kim, "A Study on Setting Rule and Analysis for Loss of Generator Exciter", KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 3-4, 2008.
- Y.J. Kwon, S.H. Kang, C.H. Kim, "An Analysis of Protection Relay Operation During Transient State of Generator, KIEE PES Autumn Conference, pp. 378-380, 2006. 11.
- Taekyun Kim, et al., "High-precision Power Equipment Modeling and Education/Training Systems Development", MOTIE Power Industry Research & Development, 2nd year report, pp. 1-199, 2007.
- KEPCO KEPRI, "Protection Relays Training Course Development", MOTIE Final Report, pp. 1-247, 2007.
- Crossman, G. C., Lindemuth, H. F., and Webb, R. L., "Loss-of-Field Protection for Generators", AIEE Transactions, Vol. 61, pp. 261-266, 1942.
- Darron, H. G. et al., "The Influence of Generator Loss of Excitation on Bulk Power System Reliability", IEEE Trans. on Power Apparatus and Systems, Vol. PAS-94, No. 5, pp. 1473-1478, September/October 1975.
- Berdy, J., "Loss of Excitation Protection for Modern Synchronous Generators", IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, Vol. PAS-94, No. 5, pp. 1457-1463, September/October 1975.
- Z.P. Shi et al., "The Comparison and Analysis for Loss of Excitation Protection Schemes in Generator Protection", Development of Power System Protection(DPSP) 2012 Conference, P005.pdf, pp. 1-6, April 2012.
- S. R. Tambay and Y. G. Paithankar, "A new adaptive loss of excitation relay augmented by rate of change of reactance," in Proc. IEEE Power Eng. Soc. General Meeting, Vol. 2, pp. 1831-1835, 2005.
- C.W. Park, Y.Y. Park, "A Study on Protection of Loss Excitation for Generator", KIEE PES Autumn Conference, pp. 249-251, 2014. 11.