- Volume 39B Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Method for Enhancing Timely-Delivery and Security Using IGPT in Content-Centric Networking
콘텐츠 중심 네트워킹에서 IGPT를 이용한 적시성 및 보안성 향상 방안
- Jung, Seunghoon (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Korea National Defense University) ;
- Park, Heungsoon (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Korea National Defense University) ;
- Kwon, Taewook (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Korea National Defense University)
- Received : 2014.05.30
- Accepted : 2014.11.11
- Published : 2014.11.28
Recently, Information-Centric Networking(ICN), different from traditional IP-based networking, has been highlighted. Content-Centric Networking(CCN), proposed by Van Jacobson, is a representative scheme of the ICN architectures. It can deliver messages slightly faster than the IP-based networking by focusing on the access and delivery to the content itself. However, CCN is restricted to distribute the information without transmitting the request packet in advance because it is pull-based architecture by content requester. In addition, it has a problem that the Pending Interest Table(PIT) could be overloaded easily when DDoS attack happens. In this paper, we suggest an algorithm using a push-based scheme without request packets and overcoming PIT overload situation by Interest Group Push Table(IGPT). The proposed scheme enables to transmit a large amount of content than an existing scheme during the same amount of time in terms of timely-delivery and security.
- V. Jacobson, D. K. Smetters, J. D. Thornton, M. F. Plass, N. H. Briggs, and R. L. Braynard, "Networking named content," in Proc. CoNext'09, pp. 1-12, 2009.
- J. P. Martin-Flatin, "Push vs. Pull in webbased network management," in Proc. Sixth IFIP/IEEE Int. Symp., pp. 3-18, Boston, MA, 1999.
- E. Bozdag and A. Mesbah, "A comparson of push and pull techniques for Ajax," in Proc. 9th IEEE Int. Workshop WSE 2007, pp. 15-22, 2007.
- V. Jacobson, D. K. Smetters, N. H. Briggs, M. F. Plass, P. Stewart, J. D. Thornton, and R. L. Braynard, "VoCCN: Voice-over contentcentric networks," in Proc. ACM Int. Workshop Re-Architecting Internet (ReArch '09), pp. 1-6, Rome, Italy, Dec. 2009.
- Z. Zhu, S. Wang, X. Yang, V. Jacobson, and L. Zhang, "ACT: Audio conference tool over named data networking," in Proc. ACM SIGCOMM Workshop Inf.-Centric Netw. (ICN '11), pp. 68-73, Toronto, Canada, Aug. 2011.
- A. Carzaniga, M. Papalini, and A. L. Wolf, "Content-based publish/subscribe networking and information-centric networking," in Proc. ACM SIGCOMM Workshop Inf.-Centric Netw., ACM, pp. 56-61, 2011.
- J. Kim, M. Jang, Y. Bae, and B.-J. Lee, "Named content sharing in virtual private community," in Proc. 9th IEEE Consumer Commun. Netw. Conf. (CCNC '12), pp. 50-51, Las Vegas, USA, Jan. 2012.
- J. Francois, T. Cholez, and T. Engel, "CCN traffic optimization for IoT," in Proc. 4th Int. Conf. Netw. Future(NoF), pp. 1-5, Pohang, 2013.
- K. Kim, S. Choi, S. Kim, and B. H. Roh, "A push-enabling scheme for live streaming system in content-centric networking," in Proc. CoNEXT Student Workshop '13, ACM, pp. 49-52, 2013.
- W. You, B. Mathieu, P. Truong, J. Peltier, and G. Simon, "Dipit: a distributed bloom-lter based pit table for ccn nodes," in Proc. of ICCCN '12, Munich, Germany, Jul. 2012.
- H. Dai, Y. Wang, J. Fan, and B. Liu. "Mitigate ddos attacks in ndn by interest traceback," in Proc. NOMEN '13, Turin, Italy, Apr. 2013.
- A. Afanasyev, P. Mahadevany, I. Moiseenko, E. Uzuny, and L. Zhang, "Interest flooding attack and countermeasures in named data networking," in Proc. IFIP Netw. Conf., pp. 1-9, Brooklyn, NY, May 2013.
- S. S. Seo, J. M. Kang, Y. Han, and J. W. K. Hong, "Analysis and performance evaluation of data transport methods in content-centric networking," in Proc. 2013 15th Asia-Pacific, IEEE Network Operations and Management Symp. (APNOMS), pp. 1-3, 2013.
- A. Afanasyev, I. Moiseenko, and L. Zhang, ndnSIM: NDN simulator for NS-3, Technical Report NDN-0005, NDN Project, 2012.
- S. Jung, H. Park, and T. Kwon, "A study on the data push using push table in content networking," in Proc. KICS winter Conf., pp. 667-668, Pyeongchang, Korea, Jan. 2014.
- H. Park and T. Kwon, "Military routing scheme using content-centric mobile ad hoc networks," J. KICS, vol. 39C, no. 04, pp. 334-342, 2014.
- S. Jung, H. Park, and T. Kwon, "Data pushing using IPT in content-centric networking," in Proc. 2014 6th Int. Conf. IEEE, Ubiquitous and Future Netw.(ICUFN), pp. 164-165, Jul. 2014.