- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Customized Model Manufacturing for Patients with Pelvic Fracture using FDM 3D Printer
FDM 방식의 3D 프린터를 이용한 골반 골절 환자의 맞춤형 모델제작
- 오왕균 (충청북도 청주의료원 영상의학과)
- Received : 2014.07.29
- Accepted : 2014.09.19
- Published : 2014.11.28
At present trend 3D Printing technology has been using more efficiently than conventional subtractive manufacturing method in various medical fields, in particular this technology superior in saving production time, cost and process than conventional. Especially in orthopedics, an attractive attention has been paid by adopting this technology because of improving operation, operation accuracy, and reducing the patient's pain. Though 3D printing technology has enormous applications still in some hospitals have not been using due to having the problem of technical utilization of hardware, software & chiefly financial availability and etc. In order to solve these problems by reducing the cost and time, we have used CT images in pre-operative planning by directly making the pelvic fracture model with open source DICOM viewer and STL file conversion program, assembly 3D printer of FDM wire additive manufacturing. After having the customized bone model of six patients who underwent unstable pelvic fracture surgery, we have operated our system in orthopedic section of University Hospital through the clinician. Later, we have received better reviews and comments on utilization availability, results, and precision and now our system considered to be useful in surgical planning.
3D Printing;CT Image;FDM;Pelvic Fracture;Pre-operative Planning
- P. Kulkarni, D. Marson, and D. Dutta, "A review of process planning techniques in layered manufacturing," Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol.6, pp.18-35, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/13552540010309859
- G. A. Brown, M. Brenton, and K. Firoozbaksh, "Application of computer-generated stereolithography and interpositioning template in acetabular fracture," a report of eight case, J Orthop Trauma, Vol.16, pp.347-352, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005131-200205000-00010
- 손홍문, 이준영, 하상호, 유재원, 이상홍, 안동규, "쾌속조형공정 지원 정형외가 골절 수술 : 증례 보고", 대한정형외과학회지, 제39권, 제7호, pp.845-848, 2004.
- 안동규, 이준영, 양동열, 하상호, 이상홍, 이상호, 한길영, "RE 와 RP를 이용한 정형외과 골절 수술 기법 개발에 관한 연구", 한국 CADCAM 학술대회 논문집, pp.439-445, 2004.
- J. R. Honiball, "The Application of 3D Printing in reconstructive surgery," Dissertation presented in fulfilment of the requirements for the degree MscIng in Industrial Engineering at the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, 2010.
- B. Sanghera, S. Naique, Y. Papaharilaou, and A. Amis, "Preliminary study of rapid prototypes medical models," Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol.7, No.5, pp.275-284, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/13552540110410486
- M. Frame and J. S. Huntley, "Rapid Prototyping in Orthopaedic Surgery: A User''s Guide," The Scientific World Journal Vol.2012, Article ID 838575, 2012.
- W. K. Oh, K. S. Lim, and T. S. Lee, "Additive Manufacturing of Patient-specific Femur Via 3D Printer Using Computed Tomography Images,", Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, Vol.7, No.5, pp.359-364, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2013.7.5.359
- B. W. Min and S. H. Jeon, "Operative treatment of symphyseal disruption," J of Korean Orthop Assoc, Vol.35, No.3, pp.511-518, 2000.
- 안재민, 서정탁, "골반골절의 해부학, 분류 및 방사선학", 대한골절학회지, 제26권, 제3호, pp.221-229, 2013.
- 권대철, 김정구, "조영제 혈관외유출 현상의 3D MDCT 재구성 영상", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제6권, 제5호, pp.145-152, 2006.
- 3-Dimensional Printing for Mesh Types of Short Arm Cast by Using Computed Tomography vol.15, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.01.308
- Making Aids of Magnetic Resonacnce Image Susing 3D Printing Technology vol.10, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2016.10.6.403
- The Development of a Wrist Brace using 3D Scanner and 3D Printer vol.19, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2017.19.3.312