- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Linking Cultural Intelligence to Satisfaction with Staying in the Host Country and Performance: the Moderating Effect of International Experience
문화지능이 이문화 적응, 해외 체류만족과 직무성과에 미치는 영향: 국제경험의 조절효과
- 이신전 (우송대학교 국제경영학부)
- Received : 2014.08.04
- Accepted : 2014.08.25
- Published : 2014.11.28
This study aims to analyze the cultural intelligence and it's relationship with cross-culture adjustment satisfaction, and performance, and then, we prove the moderating role of international experience between cultural intelligence and cross-culture adjustment with staying in the host country. An exploratory pilot study was conducted with a sample of 188 Chinese expatriates working in Korean company in Korea. Then, we proved the moderating role of international experience between cultural intelligence and cross-cultural adjustment. The results of this study have three implications for human resource development. First this study expanded the research of CQ up to the area of empirical investigation. Second, the empirical findings also supported an incremental and predictive validity that CQ increased explained variance of cross-cultural adjustment. Third, the moderating role of international experience in this study showed the importance of both CQ and international experience with staying in the host country.
Cultural Intelligence;Cross Cultural Adjustment;Satisfaction;Performance;International Experience
- S. Ang, L. Van Dyne, C. Koh, K. Y. Ng, K. J. Templer, C. Tay, and N. A. Chandrasekar, "Cultural intelligence: Its measurement and effects on cultural judgment and decision making, cultural adaptation and task performance," Management and Organization Review, Vol.3, No.3, pp.335-371, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1740-8784.2007.00082.x
- P. C. Earley and S. Ang, Cultural intelligence: Individual interactions across cultures, Stanford business books, 2003.
- S. Ang, L. Van Dyne, and C. Koh, "Personality correlates of the four-factor model of cultural intelligence," Group & Organization Management, Vol.31 No.1, pp.100-123, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/1059601105275267
- M. Mendenhall and G. Oddou, "The dimensions of expatriate acculturation: A review," Academy of management review, Vol.10, No.1, pp.39-47, 1985.
- J. S. Black, M. Mendenhall, and G. Oddou, "Toward a comprehensive model of international adjustment: An integration of multiple theoretical perspectives," Academy of Management Review, pp.291-317, 1991.
- 전선규, 박재수, "해외주재원의 이문화 적응과정에서 불확실성 감소와 해외체류에 대한 만족", 경영학연구, 제29권, 제2호, pp.197-212, 2000.
- H. B. Gregersen and J. S. Black, "A multifaceted approach to expatriate retention in international assignments," Group and Organization Management, Vol.15, No.4, pp.461-485, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/105960119001500409
- 고승희,"인사제도의 공정성이 직무만족과 직무 성과에 미치는 영향: 충청남도 인사제도를 중심으로", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제13권, 제12호, pp.212-220, 2013.
- 이상미, "외국인 유학생의 이문화에 대한 태도와 개인적 특성이문화 적응에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제14권, 제4호, pp.368-378, 2014.
- T. Moon, "Emotional intelligence correlates of the four-factor model of cultural intelligence," Journal of Managerial Psychology, Vol.25, No.8, pp.876-898, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683941011089134
- J. P. Shay and S. Baack, "An empirical investigation of the relationships between modes and degree of expatriate adjustment and multiple measures of performance," International Journal of Cross Cultural Management, Vol.6, No.3, pp.275-294, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/1470595806070634
- 김희동, 장연식, 백지영, 한재복,"농촌지역 다문화 가정 아동의 감각처리능력과 사회성숙에 관한연구", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제14권, 제4호, pp.277-286, 2014.
- 심춘화, 한인수, "해외주재원의 이문화 적응에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구-중국진출 한국기업을 중심으로", 인적자원개발연구, 제15권, 제1호, pp.153-181, 2012.