- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Modified Binary Particle Swarm Optimization using Genotype-Phenotype Concept (Version 2)
유전자형-표현형 개념을 적용한 수정된 이진 입자군집최적화 (버전 2)
- Received : 2014.09.11
- Accepted : 2014.10.20
- Published : 2014.11.28
In this paper, we introduce a second version of modified binary particle swarm optimization using a concept of genotype-phenotype in genetic algorithms. Particle swarm optimization uses an information of difference between a position of the best solution and one's own position in the process of searching optimum. To obtain this difference of positions, the first version of modified binary particle swarm optimization uses a phenotype but the proposed second version uses a genotype. We can represent the solution space in large search space by using a genotype which provides continuous whole space as search space compared to a phenotype which provides only binary information. Experimental results in 10 De Jong benchmark function show that the second version outperforms the first version in six functions which has a broad search space and many local optima.
Binary Particle Swarm Optimization;Genotype-phenotype
- S. W. Lee, S. M. Soak, and S. H. Oh, Witold Pedrycz, and M. G. Jeon, "Modified binary particle swarm optimization," Progress in Natural Science, Vol.18, No.9, pp.1161-1166, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnsc.2008.03.018
- J. Kennedy and R. C. Eberhart, "Particle swarm optimization," Proceedings of IEEE international conference on neural networks, Vol.4, pp.1942-1948, 1995.
- S. W. Lee, "Particle Swarm Optimization for Scheduling and Permutation Problems using Random Key Representation," The Korea Contents Society, pp.331-332, 2010.
- R. C. Eberhart, "A discrete binary version of the particle swarm algorithm," Proceedings of 1997 conference systems man cybernetics, pp.4104-4108, 1997.
- J. C. Bean, "Genetics and random keys for sequencing and optimization," ORSA J Comput, Vol.6, pp.154-160, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1287/ijoc.6.2.154
- M. Clerc and J. Kenney, "The particle swarm-explosion, stability, and convergence in a multidimensional complex space," IEEE Trans Evol Comput 2002, Vol.6, pp.58-73, 2002.
- M. Clerc, Particle swarm optimization, ISTE Pub, 2006.
- J. Kennedy and R. Mendes, "Population structure and particle swarm performance," Proc 2002 Congress Evol Comput 2002, Vol.2, pp.1671-1676, 2002.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in natural and artificial system, USA: University of Michigan Press, 1975.
- 이승관, 최진혁, "개미 집단 최적화에서 강화와 다양화의 조화", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제3호, pp.100-107, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.3.100