- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effect of Transformational Leadership on Passion, Innovative Behavior and Organizational Citizenship Behavior
변혁적 리더십이 열정, 혁신행동 및 조직시민행동에 미치는 영향
- 김창중 (동양대학교 보석귀금속학과)
- Received : 2014.07.17
- Accepted : 2014.08.12
- Published : 2014.11.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the effect of transformational leadership on passion, innovative behavior and organizational citizenship behavior in the jewelry companies. The results indicate that transformational leadership makes significant influence on employees' passion in order of intellectual stimulation, individual consideration and charisma. Furthermore, employees' passion also makes significant positive influence on both employee's innovative behavior and organizational citizenship behavior. It is also found that charisma, individual consideration and intellectual stimulation of transformational leadership has indirect impact on innovative behavior and organizational citizenship behavior through the passion. It is expected that the results of this study will make a contribution to the improvement of competitiveness in the jewelry companies by suggesting a new viewpoint regarding how transformational leadership work to motivate employees' passion, innovative behavior and organizational citizenship behavior in the jewelry companies.
Transformational Leadership;Passion;Innovative Behavior;Organizational Citizenship Behavior;Jewelry
- Onne. Janssen, "Job demand, perceptions of effort-reward fairness and innovative work behavior," Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, Vol.73, pp.287-302, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1348/096317900167038
- T. S. Bateman and D. W. Organ, "Job satisfaction and the good soldier : The relationship between affect and employee "citizenship," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.26, No.4, pp.587-595, 1983. https://doi.org/10.2307/255908
- B. M. Bass, A new paradigm of leadership: An inquiry into transformational leadership, Alexandria, VA: US Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences, 1996.
- D. W. Organ, Organizational citizenship behavior: The Good Soldier Syndrome, Lexington, MA: Lexington Books, 1988.
- L. Van Dyne, D. Vande Walle, T. Kostova, and L. L. Cummings, "Collectivism, propensity to trust, and selfesteem as predictors of organizational citizenship behavior in a non-work setting," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.21, pp.3-23, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(200002)21:1<3::AID-JOB47>3.0.CO;2-6
- P. M. Podsakoff, S. B. MacKenzie, R. M., Moorman, and R. Fetter, "Transformational leader behaviors and their effects on follower's trust in leader, satisfaction, and organizational citizenship behaviors," Leadership Quarterly, Vol.1, pp.107-142, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(90)90009-7
- J. W.Graham, Organizational citizenship behavior: Construct redefinition, operationalization, and validation. Unpublished working paper, Loyola University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1989.
- R. Chang, "Turning passion into organizational performance," Training and Development, Vol.55, No.5, pp.104-112, 2001.
- 서재현, "집단응집성, 상사에 대한 신뢰, 직무만족이 팀 몰입과 조직몰입을 통해 조직시민행동 및 역할 내 행동에 미치는 간접효과에 대한 연구", 인사관리연구, 제27집, 제4권, pp.1-23, 2003.
- B. M. Bass, Leadership and performance beyond expectations, New York: Free Press 1985.
- 예지은, "신세대의 특성과 조직관리 방안", Issue Paper, 삼성경제연구소, 2011.
- J. A. Conger and R. N. Kanungo, "Toward a Behaviroral Theory of Charismatic Leadership in Organizational Settings," Academy of Management Review, Vol.12, No.4, pp.637-647, 1987.
- A. Bryman, Charisma and Leadership in Organizations, London: Sage, 1993.
- G. A. Yukl, Leadership in Organizations, 6th ed., Englewood Cliffs, N.J: Prentice-Hall, 2006.
- J. M. Burns, Leadership, New York: Harper and Row, 1978.
- W. Bennis and B. Nanus, Leaders: The strategies for taking charge, New York: Harper & Row, 1985.
- J. Tichy and M. A. Devanna, The Transformational Leader, New York, John Willey and Sons, 1986.
- C. Peterson and M. E. P. Seligman, Character strengths and virtues: A handbook and classification, NY: Oxford University Press, DC: American Psychological Association, 2004.
- B. J. Avolio and T. C. Gibbons, Developing Transformational Leaders: A Life Span Approach, In, J. Conger and Kanungo(Eds), Charismatic Leadership, San Francisco, Jossey-Bass, 1988.
- B. J. Avolio and J. M. Howel, "Transformational leadership transactional leadership: Locus of control, and support for innovation, Key predictors of consolidated business unit performance," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.78, No.6, pp.891-902, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.78.6.891
- R. J. Vallerand, C. Blanchard, G. A. Mageau., R. Koestner, C. F. Ratelle, and M. Leonard, "Les passions de l'ame: On obsessive and harmonious passion," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.85, pp.756-767, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1246
- 유진, 김화경, 정꽃님, "무용 전공 대학생들의 무용열정에 따른 정서변화", 한국스포츠심리학회, 제19권, pp.1-15, 2009.
- J. A. Conger, The Charismatic leader: Behind the Mystique of Exceptional Leadership, San Fransisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 1989.
- 이창준, 윤정구, "정서와 리더십에 대한 한 이론적 모형의 검증: 카리스마적 및 감성적 리더십, 집단정서, 집단효과성", 인사.조직연구, 제15권, 제3호, pp.1-51, 2007.
- B. J. Avolio and B. M. Bass, MLQ, Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire, 2nd ed., Redwood City, CA: Mind Garden, 1995.
- W. A. Randolph, "Navigating the journey to empowerment," Organizational Dynamics, Vol.23, No.4, pp.19-31, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(95)90014-4
- 김미송, 학교장의 변혁적 리더십이 교사의 자질 에 미치는 영향 연구, 선문대학교 대학원, 박사학위논문, 2010.
- S. G. Scott and R. A. Bruce, "Determinants of innovative behavior: a path model of individual innovation in the workplace," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.37, No.3, pp.580-607, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/256701
- 허남철, 변혁적 리더십이 조직신뢰와 역할 내 행동 및 심리적 웰빙에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구, 경기대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2009.
- D. Liu, X. P. Chen, and X. Yao, "From autonomy to creativity: A multilevel investigation of the mediating role of harmonious passion," Journal of Applied Psychology, pp.1-16, 2010.
- R. J. Vallerand and N. Houlfort, Passion at work: Toward a new conceptualization., In D. Skarlicki, S. Gilliland, and D. Steiner(Eds.), Social issues in management: Vol.3, Emerging perspectives of values in organizations (pp.175-204), Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing, 2003.
- R. L. Rousseau, R. J. Vallerand, C. F. Ratelle, G. A. Mageau, and P. J. Provencher, "Passion and gambling: On the validation of the gambling passion scale(CPS), Journal of Gambling Studies, Vol.18, pp.45-66, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1014532229487
- L. J. Williams and S. E. Anderson, "Job satisfaction and organizational commitment as predictors of organizational citizenship and in-role behaviors," Journal of management, Vol.17, pp.601-617, 1991.
- B. M. Bass, "From Transactional to Transformational Leadership : Learning to share the Vision," Organizational Dynamics, Winter, Vol.18, pp.19-31, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(90)90061-S
- S. Melissa, Cardon, "Is passion contagious? The transference of entrepreneurial passion to employees," Human Resource Management Review, Vol.18, pp.77-86, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrmr.2008.04.001
- B. Shamir, R. J. House, and M. B. Arthur, "The Motivational Effects of Charismatic Leadership: A Self-Concept Based Theory," Organization Science, Vol.4, No.4, pp.577-594, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.4.4.577
- 조병하, 양해술, "조직시민행동의 리더십 영향에 대한 신뢰의 매개효과", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제8권, 제9호, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2008.8.9.204
- 유규창, 서재현, 김종인, "Workplace Spirituality의 개념적 정의와 모델", 인사.조직연구, 제18권, 제4호, pp.153-199, 2010.