- Volume 17 Issue 6
The purpose of this study is to investigate the loess dyeability of soybean fabric using loess as colorants. Recent days, various textile products such as inner wears, sheets and interior goods are manufactured using materials dyed with loess emphasizing its improved metabolism, anti-bacterial, deodorizing properties, and far infrared ray emissions. Soybean fabric was dyed with loess solution according to concentration of loess, dyeing temperature and dyeing time. To improve washing fastness, soybean fabric and dyed soybean fabric with loess were mordanted by mordanting agents such as sodium chloride(NaCl), Acetic acid(CH3COOH) and Aluminium Potassium Sulfate(AlK(SO4)2·12H2O). Dyeability and color characteristics of dyed soybean fabric were obtained by CCM observation. Particle size distribution of loess, the dyeability(K/S) of soybean fabric, morphology and washing durability of loess dyed soybean fabric were investigated. The results obtained were as follows; Mean average diameter of loess was 1.08µm. The main components of loess used in this study were silicon dioxide(SiO2), aluminium oxide(Al2O3), and iron oxide(Fe2O3). The content of these three component was above 75 weight %. The dyeability of soybean fabric was increased gradually with increasing concentration of loess. The optimum dyeing temperature and dyeing time were 90℃ and 60minutes expectively. The fastness to washing according to concentration of loess and mordanting method indicated good grade result as more than 4 degree in all conditions.
soybean fabric;loess;far infrared ray;washing fastness;mordanting
- Kim, S. W., Nam, S. W., & Kim, I. H. (2001). Loess dyeing on cotton fabrics using silane coupling agent. Journal of the Korean Society of Dyers and Finishers, 13(5), 336-345.
- Kang, Y. E., & Park, S. O. (2005). Mixed dyeing of the Chinese ink and loess. Journal of the Korean Society of Dyers and Finishers, 17(2), 65-73.
- Kang, Y. E., & Park, S. O. (2003). A study on the dyeing according to kinds of loess. Journal of the Korean Society of Dyers and Finishers, 15(6), 39-46.
- Kwon, M. S., Jeon, D. W., & Kim, J. J. (2005). The effect of chitosan treatment of fabrics on the natural dyeing using loess. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 7(3), 327-332.
- Noh, Y. J., & Lee, S. H. (2014). Natural dyeing of soybean protein fabrics -Gallnut-. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 16(3), 462-468. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.3.462 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.3.462
- Oh, H. J., Lee, J. Y., Kim, M. G., & Lee, K. H. (2009). Development friendly-environment material and fiber using the protein resources. Fiber Technology and Industry, 13(1), 39-48.
- Park, E. J., Oh, S. Y., Shin, Y. S., & Yoo, D. I. (2003a). Hwangto dyeing on cotton fabric(II) -Improvement of extraction method-. Journal of the Korean Fiber Society, 40(4), 378-385.
- Park, E. J., Seo, S. Y., Jang, Y. J., Shin, Y. S., & Yoo, D. I. (2003b). Hwangto dyeing on cotton fabric(III) -Treatment effect of fixing agents-. Journal of the Korean Fiber Society, 40(4), 386-392.
- Rhy, D. O. (2009). Mistery of the Loess. Seoul: Pyungminsa.
- Donahue, R. L., & Miller, R. W. (1990). An introduction to soils and plant growth (6th ed.). New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Song, K. H., Kim, J. H., Hong, Y. K., & Gu, G. Y. (2007). Hand value assessment of soybean/cotton blended fabric after natural and synthetic dyeing. Journal of Korean Living Science Association, 16(5), 979-986. doi:10.5934/KJHE.2007.16.5.979 https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2007.16.5.979
- Choi, H., Shin, Y. S., Choi, C. N., Kim, S. Y., & Chung, Y. S. (2007). Dyeing properties and antimicrobial activity of soybean fiber with gromwell colorants. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 9(1), 119-123.
- Choi, J. H. (2005). Recent trends development for the human and environmentally friendly natural fibers. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 7(6), 573-576.
- Hayden, J. W., & Comstock, E. G. (1975). Used of activated charcoal in acute poisoning. Clinical Toxicology, 8(5), 515-520. doi:10.3109/15563657508988096 https://doi.org/10.3109/15563657508988096
- Ji, D. S., & Kim, H. S. (1999). A study on the dyeing of wool fabric using loess. Research Institute for Industrial Technology Research Papers of Dankook University, 1, 69-75.
- Bae, K. H., Kwon, J. S., & Lee, S. H. (2008). Bicomponent finishing of cotton fabrics(I) -Loess and chitosan-. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 10(4), 552-559.
- Bae, Y. H., Kim, D. E., Lee, H. J., Kim, E. H., Joeng, Y. S., Hong, Y. K., & Lee, S. G. (2008). Antimicrobial and deodorization finishing of soyabean/cotton blended fiber and chitosan finishing with glyoxal. Textile Science and Engineering, 45(2), 104-110.
- Joeng, J. E., Joen, D. W., Lee, J. I., & Park, Y. H. (2005). Analysis characteristics of soybean fiber. Proceedings of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Fall Conference, Korea, pp. 124.
- Joeng, J. E., & Joen, D. W. (2003). Analysis production and characteristics of soybean fiber. Fiber Technology and Industry, 7(3), 350-358.
- Jung, M. S., Kim, H. J., & Roo, D. H. (2004). A study on the cotton fabrics dyeing using loess. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 6(2), 234-238.
- Dyeing of Soybean Fabrics using Charcoals vol.18, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.4.531