- Volume 35 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Classification of Transportation Connections in Seoul Subway Adjacent Area Using Portfolio Analysis
Portfolio분석을 이용한 서울시 역세권 지하철 연계수단간 유형분류 연구 - 서울시 25개 행정구역을 중심으로 -
- Kim, Tae-Ho (Hyundai Insurance Research Center) ;
- Park, Jun-Tae (Urban Transport Research Institute) ;
- Son, Sang-Ho (Wonwoo Technological Development Co., LTD.) ;
- Park, Je-Jin (Research Institute, Korea Expressway Corporation)
- Received : 2010.05.17
- Accepted : 2013.04.11
- Published : 2015.12.01
This article aims to develop model for the right policy Tools available from the cause analysis regarding the regional differences of subway modal split in Seoul metropolitan area. This allows two major factors of the most influential subway modal split to be proved and Portfolio Analysis is conducted. The results are as follows. Firstly, the two primary factors affecting subway modal split were shown as subway adjacent area and local line bus. It signifies that expansion of subway adjacent area, establishing the number of the subway stations and increase of local line bus are required in order to improve a diminishing subway modal split. Following that, pattern of the improvement to strengthen better subway connections are classified according to the two areas which are Concentration Area of Improvement in Subway Station Area (CAISSA) and Concentration Area of Improvement in Local Bus (CAILB). Our study revealed that Ganbukgu, Seodaemungu, Geumcheongu, and Gwanakgu were selected as the area of CAILB and Songpagu, and Junggu were selected as the area of CAISSA. As all things are considered, transportation policy makers should be taken into account in the two main factors driven by our study according to types in order to enhance the future subway share proportion.
- David, A. Aarker. (2004). Brand portfolio strategy : creating relevance, differentiati, Business books.
- Jeong, H. Y. and Kim, S. W. (2002). The Analysis of Long Distance- and Cross-Commuting Patterns in the Seoul Metropolitan Area, Seoul Development Institute.
- Kim, E. H. (2006). Analysis on factors of public transport demand change with the introduction of new public transport system in Seoul, MS Thesis, University of Seoul.
- Kim, T. H., et al. (2008). "An analysis of determining service criteria for seoul bus passengers using modified-importanceperformance analysis (M-IPA)." The Journal of The Seoul Institute, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 15-29.
- Kim, T. H., et al. (2008). "Evaluation of urban roadway service quality using modified-IPA technique." The Journal of Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 91-100.
- Lee, G. Y. and Kim, T. H. (2010). "Factor analysis on psychological cause of speed reduction in expressway tunnel section utilizing importance-performance analysis (IPA)." The Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 127-134.
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation. (2003). Cervical high-speed rail transportation system linking the basic plan (2003-2020) Research Reports (in Korean).
- Oh, Y. T. (2008). A Study on Reform Plans for the Improvement of Transit in the Seoul Rail Station Areas for TOD, MS Thesis, Hanyang University.
- Oh, Y. T., et al. (2009). "An empirical analysis of influencing factors toward public transportation demand considering land use type seoul subway station Area in Seoul." The Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 467-472.
- Park, D. J., et al. (2007). The Study on Classification of Subway Catchment Area Corresponding with TOD Concept in Seoul, Korea Planners Association.
- Park, J. S., et al. (2007). "The analysis of service characteristics for subway passengers using the importance-performance analysis (IPA)." The Journal of The Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 420-430.
- Seo, G. S., et al. (1997). A study on Establishing an Efficient Feeder Transport Network for the Seoul-Pusan High Speed Rail, The Korea Transport Institute.
- Seong, H. G., et al. (2006). "A study on the effects of land use on travel pattern in the rail station areas of a dense city: A Case of Seoul." The Journal of Korea Planners Association, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 59-75.
- Seong, H. G., et al. (2007). A Study on Seoul Station area and the use of the public transport supply and demand characteristics of association, Korea Transportation Research Society.
- Seong, H. G. and Kim, T. H. (2005). "A study on categorizing subway station areas in seoul by rail use pattern." The Journal of Korea Transportation Research Society, Vol. 23, No. 8, pp. 19-29.
- The Korea Transport Institute (2007). A Study on Connection-oriented transport station Promotion Strategies, Research Reports (in Korean).
- The Korea Transport Institute (2007). A Study on efficient operation of Seoul-Busan high-speed rail system linking transportation plan. Research Reports (in Korean).