- Volume 31 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Shear Wave Velocity Estimation of Railway Roadbed Using Dynamic Cone Penetration Index
동적 콘 관입지수를 이용한 철도노반의 전단파속도 추정
- Hong, Won-Taek (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engrg., Korea Univ.) ;
- Byun, Yong-Hoon (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engrg., Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) ;
- Choi, Chan Yong (High Speed Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Jong-Sub (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engrg., Korea Univ.)
- Received : 2015.07.30
- Accepted : 2015.09.30
- Published : 2015.11.30
Elastic behavior of the railway roadbed which supports the repeating dynamic loads of the train is mainly affected by the shear modulus of the upper roadbed. Therefore, shear wave velocity estimation of the uniformly compacted roadbed can be used to estimate the elastic behavior of the railway roadbed. The objective of this study is to suggest the relationship between the dynamic cone penetration index (DCPI) and the shear wave velocity (
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Al-Qadi, I. L., Xie, W., Roberts, R., and Leng, Z. (2010), "Data Analysis Techniques for GPR Used for Assessing Railroad Ballast in High Radio-frequency Environment", Journal of transportation engineering, ASCE, Vol.136, No.4, pp.392-399. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)TE.1943-5436.0000088
- Anbazhagan, P., Lijun, S., Buddihima, I., and Cholachat, R. (2011), "Model Track Studies on Fouled Ballast Using Ground Penetrating Radar and Multichannel Analysis of Surface Wave", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Elsevier, Vol.74, pp.175-184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jappgeo.2011.05.002
- ASTM D6951 (2009), Standard Test Method for Use of the Dynamic Cone Penetrometer in Shallow Pavement Applications, Annual Book of ASTM Standard 04.03, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA.
- Carpenter, D., Jackson, P. J., and Jay, A. (2004), "Enhancement of the GPR Method of Railway Trackbed Investigation by the Installation of Radar Detectable Geosynthetics", NDT & E International, Vol.37, pp.95-103. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ndteint.2003.06.003
- Chebli, H., Clouteau, D., and Schmitt, L. (2008), "Dynamic Response of High-speed Ballasted Railway Tracks: 3D Periodic Model and in Situ Measurements", Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Elsevier, Vol.28, pp.118-131. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2007.05.007
- Lee, J. S. and Santamarina, J. C. (2005), "Bender Element: Performance and Signal Interpretation", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, Vol.131, No.9, pp.1063-1070. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(2005)131:9(1063)
- Park, C. S., Mok, Y. J., Hwang, S. K., and Park, I. B. (2009a), "A Methodology for Quality Control of Railroad Trackbed Fills Using Compressional Wave Velocities: 1. Preliminary Investigation", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol.25, No.9, pp.45-55 (in Korean).
- Park, C. S., Mok, Y. J., Hwang, S. K., and Park, I. B. (2009b), "A Methodology for Quality Control of Railroad Trackbed Fills Using Compressional Wave Velocities: 2. Verification of Applicability", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol.25, No.9, pp.57-66 (in Korean).
- Robertson, P. K., Campanella, R. G., Gillespie, D., and Rice, A. (1986), "Seismic CPT to Measure in Situ Shear Wave Velocity", Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, ASCE, Vol.112, No.8, pp. 791-803. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1986)112:8(791)
- Santamarinal, J. C., Klein, A., and Fam, M. A. (2001), Soils and waves: Particulate materials behavior, characterization and process monitoring, John Wiley and Sons, NY, 508.
- Scala, A. J. (1956), "Simple Methods of Flexible Pavement Design Using Cone Penetrometers", New Zealand Engineering, Vol.11, No.2, pp.34-44.
- Vo, P. T., Ngo, H. H., Guo, W., Zhou, J. L., Listowski, A., Du, B., Wei, Q., and Bui, X. T. (2015), "Stormwater Quality Management in Rail Transportation - Past, present and future", Science of the Total Environment, Elsevier, Vol.512-513, pp.353-363. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.01.072