- Volume 28 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Optimization of Slurry Preparation Process for Soft Magnetic Green Sheet
연자성 복합체 후막용 슬러리 제조공정의 최적화
- Received : 2015.11.12
- Accepted : 2015.11.24
- Published : 2015.12.01
With high integration of electronic components, power inductors are also miniaturized. Recently, thick film processes for small size power inductors were developed and commercialized. However, the thick film process to prepare soft magnetic green sheets was not reported enough. In this study, we used Fe-Si magnetic and CIP (carbonyl iron powders) as starting materials to lead to a bimodal particle size distribution in the sheet. We proposed a newly developed 'Modified slurry preparation process' to get well dispersed condition even at high solid contents. Using the new process, it was possible to prepare a well dispersed slurry over 70 vol% of solid. BYK-103 was better than BYK-111 as dispersant in this slurry and the optimum amount was 0.6 wt%. The optimized slurry was formed into a sheet by tape casting process and then the sheet was laminated. We conformed that small size powder, large size powder, and epoxy resin were well dispersed in the green sheet.
Magnetic composite;Dispersion;Thick film process
- I. K. Kang, J. Kor. Mag. Soc., 1, 42 (1991).
- H. J. Kim, J. Kor. Mag. Soc., 5, 994 (1995)
- H. J. Kim, J. Kor. Mag. Soc., 21, 77 (2011). https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2011.21.2.077
- K. S. Lee, Kor. Mag. Soc., Winter Meeting Proceeding, 22 (2006).
- R. K. Mcgeary, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 44, 513 (1961). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1961.tb13716.x
- R. E. Mistler and E. R. Twiname, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 83, 7 (2000).
Supported by : 중소기업청