- Volume 34 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Case Study on the Development and Implementation of a Elementary Science Differentiated Instruction-Learning Program for the Gifted Underachievers
미성취 영재를 위한 초등 과학 개별화 교수-학습 프로그램의 개발과 적용 사례 연구
- Received : 2015.08.10
- Accepted : 2015.10.14
- Published : 2015.11.30
The purpose of this study was to develop and apply a differentiated instruction-learning reflecting various characteristics and demands of the gifted underachievers, and thereby help to develop the study attitude and study achievement of the gifted underachievers. To achieve the purpose, a case study on five gifted underachievers who are in
gifted underachiever;differentiated instruction-learning program
- Baum, S. M., Renzulli, J. S. & Hebert, T. (1995). Reversing underachievement: Creative productivity as a systematic intervention. Gifted Child Quarterly, 39(4), 224-235. https://doi.org/10.1177/001698629503900406
- Choi, B. Y. (2007). Educational intervention strategies for gifted underachievers. The Journal of the Korean Society for the Gifted and Talented, 6(1), 23-48.
- Choi, H. S. (2001). A study on factors on underachievement of the gifted children in elementary schools. The Journal of Elementary Education Studies, 8(2), 143-162.
- Dunn, R. S., Dunn, K. J. & Price, G. E. (1997). Learning style inventory(LSI). Lawrence, Kan.: Price Systems.
- Emerick, L. J. (1992). Academic underachievement among the gifted: Students' perceptions of factors that reverse the pattern. Gifted Child Quarterly, 36(3), 140-146. https://doi.org/10.1177/001698629203600304
- Galbraith, J. (2000). You know your child is gifted when. Minneapolis, MN: Free Sprit.
- Han, K. S. & Shin, J. A. (2007). Comparative analysis on learning strategies, motivation, beliefs in ability, and problem solving patterns of the gifted achievers and the gifted underachievers in elementary school. Journal of Gifted/Talented Education, 17(1), 27-50.
- Im, H. C. (2004). Raven intelligence test (Korean edition). Seoul: Korea guidance.
- Jin, S. & Lee, S. J. (2006). Comparison of problem behaviors between achieving and underachieving gifted students by K-CBCL. Journal of Special Education, 13(2), 231-246.
- Kim, D. H. (2010). Self-directed learning programs for underachieving gifted students. Master dissertation, Konkuk University.
- Kim, H. J. (2004). A study of multiple intelligences and family variables affecting elementary-school children's competence. Doctoral dissertation, Sookmyung Women's University.
- Kim, Y. J. (2012). A study on the identification of gifted underachievers in science using dynamic assessment. Master dissertation, Korea National University of Education.
- McCoach, D. B. & Siegle, D. (2003). Factors that differentiate underachieving students from achieving students. Gifted Child Quarterly, 47(2), 144-154. https://doi.org/10.1177/001698620304700205
- Nam, M. J. & Yu, H. K. (2009). The development of a group counseling program to enhance social/emotional self-concept of gifted underachievers. Journal of Learner- Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 9(3), 207-230.
- Park, S. Y. (2006). The comprehensive identification of the gifted underachieved children and case studies. Master dissertation, Keimyung University.
- Peterson, J. S. & Colangelo, N. (1996). Gifted achievers and underachievers: A comparison of patterns found in school files. Journal of Counseling and Development, 74(4), 399-407. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1556-6676.1996.tb01886.x
- Raven, J. (2000). Raven manual research supplement 3: American norms, neuro- psychological applications. Oxford: Oxford Psychologists Press.
- Redding, R. E. (1990). Learning preferences and skill patterns among underachieving gifted adolescents. Gifted Child Quarterly, 34(2), 72-75. https://doi.org/10.1177/001698629003400204
- Reis, S. M. & McCoach, D. B. (2000). The underachievement of gifted students: What do we know and where do we go? Gifted Child Quarterly, 44(3), 152-170. https://doi.org/10.1177/001698620004400302
- Renzulli, J. S., Reid, B. D. & Gubbins, E. J. (1992). Setting an agenda: Research priorities for the gifted and talented through the year 2000. Storrs, CT: University of Connecticut, The National Research Center on the Gifted and Talented.
- Rimm, S. B. (2003). Underachievement: A national epidemic. In N. Colangelo & G. A. Davis(Eds.), Handbook of gifted education(pp. 424-443). Needham Heights, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Ross, P. O. (1993). National excellence: A case for developing America's talent. United States Department of Education: Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office.
- Schultz, R. A. (2002). Understanding giftedness and underachievement: At the edge of possibility. The Gifted Child Quarterly, 46(3), 193-208. https://doi.org/10.1177/001698620204600304
- Shearer, B. C. (1997). Development and validation of a multiple intelligences assessment scale for children. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Psychological Association (105th, Chicago, IL, August 15-19, 1997).
- Song, S. J. (2007). The development of a intervention program on gifted underachievers. Journal of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders, 23(3), 301-326.
- Supplee, P. L. (1990). Reaching the gifted underachiever. New York: Teachers College Press.
- Tomlinson, C. A. (2005). How to differentiate instruction in mixed-ability classrooms. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall.
- Whitmore, J. R. (1980). Giftedness, conflict, and underachievement. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Yang, C. K. (2006). The development and validation of learning style inventory for 5th and 6th graders at elementary school. Doctoral dissertation, Keimyung University.
- Yoon, Y. H. (2000). The psychological characteristics of gifted children and counseling for emotional development. Korean Journal of Psychology, 19(1), 79-101.