- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of a Traffic Noise Predictive Model for an Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) System
능동형 소음저감 기법을 위한 도로교통소음 예측 모형 평가 연구
An, Deok Soon;Mun, Sung Ho;An, Oh Seong;Kim, Do Wan
- Received : 2015.09.07
- Accepted : 2015.11.30
- Published : 2015.12.15
PURPOSES : The purpose of this thesis is to evaluate the effectiveness of an active noise cancellation (ANC) system in reducing the traffic noise level against frequencies from the predictive model developed by previous research. The predictive model is based on ISO 9613-2 standards using the Noble close proximity (NCPX) method and the pass-by method. This means that the use of these standards is a powerful tool for analyzing the traffic noise level because of the strengths of these methods. Traffic noise analysis was performed based on digital signal processing (DSP) for detecting traffic noise with the pass-by method at the test site. METHODS : There are several analysis methods, which are generally divided into three different types, available to evaluate traffic noise predictive models. The first method uses the classification standard of 12 vehicle types. The second method is based on a standard of four vehicle types. The third method is founded on 5 types of vehicles, which are different from the types used by the second method. This means that the second method not only consolidates 12 vehicle types into only four types, but also that the results of the noise analysis of the total traffic volume are reflected in a comparison analysis of the three types of methods. The constant percent bandwidth (CPB) analysis was used to identify the properties of different frequencies in the frequency analysis. A-weighting was applied to the DSP and to the transformation process from analog to digital signal. The root mean squared error (RMSE) was applied to compare and evaluate the predictive model results of the three analysis methods. RESULTS : The result derived from the third method, based on the classification standard of 5 vehicle types, shows the smallest values of RMSE and max and min error. However, it does not have the reduction properties of a predictive model. To evaluate the predictive model of an ANC system, a reduction analysis of the total sound pressure level (TSPL), dB(A), was conducted. As a result, the analysis based on the third method has the smallest value of RMSE and max error. The effect of traffic noise reduction was the greatest value of the types of analysis in this research. CONCLUSIONS : From the results of the error analysis, the application method for categorizing vehicle types related to the 12-vehicle classification based on previous research is appropriate to the ANC system. However, the performance of a predictive model on an ANC system is up to a value of traffic noise reduction. By the same token, the most appropriate method that influences the maximum reduction effect is found in the third method of traffic analysis. This method has a value of traffic noise reduction of 31.28 dB(A). In conclusion, research for detecting the friction noise between a tire and the road surface for the 12 vehicle types needs to be conducted to authentically demonstrate an ANC system in the Republic of Korea.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) System;ISO 9613-2;Noble Close ProXimity (NCPX) Method;Pass-by Method;Calculation of Road Traffic Noise (CRTN);Korean Highway Traffic Noise (KHTN);HW-NOISE;Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Principle;A-weighting;Constant Percentage Bandwidth (CPB) Analysis
- Han, Bongkoo, Kim, Dowan, Mun, Sungho, and Kim, Hayeon., 2013. A study of Eliminating the Vehicle Noise of Engine RPM from the Friction Noise between Tire and Road Pavement by Using a NCPX method. Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 15, No. 4. pp. 31-42.
- Kim, Dowan, An, Deoksoon., and Mun, Sungho., 2013, A study on Development of a Prediction Model for the Sound Pressure Level Related to Vehicle Velocity by Measuring NCPX Measurement. Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 15, No. 4. pp. 21-29.
- Kim, Dowan, Kwon, Sooahn, Bae, Yoonshin., and Mun, Sungho., 2013 An Analysis of the Asphalt/Concrete Roads Noise in Seoul. Journal of the Seoul Institute, Vol. 14, No. 2. pp. 193-209.
- Kim, Dowan, Mun, Sungho, An, Deoksoon., and Son, Hyeonjang., 2013, A study on Development of the Prediction Model Related to the Sound Pressure in Terms of Frequencies, Using the Passby and NCPX Method. Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 15, No. 6. pp. 79-91.
- Kim, Dowan, Han, Beomsoo, Mun, Sungho and An, Deoksoon., 2014, Estimation of Total Sound Pressure Level for Friction Noise Regarding a Driving Vehicle using the Extended Kalman Filter Algorithm. Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 16, No. 5. pp. 59-66.
- Kim, Dowan, Kim, Yeonjoo, Lee, Sangyum, Mun, Sungho and An, Deoksoon., 2014, Evaluation and Application of Active Noise Cancellation System for Reduction of Traffic Noise. Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol. 14, No. 6. pp. 51-58.
- Mun, Sungho, Cho, DaeSeung., and Choi, TaeMuk., 2007, Influence of pavement surface noise : Korea Highway Corporation test road. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 34. pp. 809-816. https://doi.org/10.1139/l07-007
- Mun, Sungho, Cho, DaeSeung., 2008, Development of a highway traffic noise prediction model that considers various road surface types. Applied Acoustics, Vol. 69. pp. 1120-1128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apacoust.2007.06.004
- Mun, Sungho, Cho, DaeSeung., 2008, Determination of the sound power levels emitted by various vehicles using a novel testing method. Applied Acoustics, Vol. 69. pp. 185-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apacoust.2006.08.012
- Mun, Sungho, Cho, DaeSeung., 2009, Noise measuring technique and field evaluation based on the effects of vehicles and pavement types. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 36. pp. 1816-1824. https://doi.org/10.1139/L09-106
- Mun, Sungho, Lee, Kwangho, Cho, DaeSeung., 2011, Software Developmet of the Traffic Noise Prediction Based on the Frictional Interaction between Pavement Surface and Tire. Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 13, No. 2. pp. 67-75.
- Lee, Sangyum, Jin, Junghoon, Mun, Sungho., and Moon. HakRyong., 2012, Study on the Noise Characteristics of Bridge Deck Pavements in Seoul Inner Ring Road. Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 14, No. 2. pp. 19-28.
- Lee, Sangyum, Kim, InTae, Mun, Sungho., and Kwon, Sooahn., 2012, Study on the Functional Evaluation of Permeable Asphalt Concrete Pavement in Seoul City. Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 14, No. 3. pp. 33-39.
Grant : 도로의 환경 개선을 위한 소음과 분진저감 기술 개발