- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Traffic Accident Density Models Reflecting the Characteristics of the Traffic Analysis Zone in Cheongju
존별 특성을 반영한 교통사고밀도 모형 - 청주시 사례를 중심으로 -
Kim, Kyeong Yong;Beck, Tea Hun;Lim, Jin Kang;Park, Byung Ho
- Received : 2015.06.26
- Accepted : 2015.11.27
- Published : 2015.12.15
PURPOSES : This study deals with the traffic accidents classified by the traffic analysis zone. The purpose is to develop the accident density models by using zonal traffic and socioeconomic data. METHODS : The traffic accident density models are developed through multiple linear regression analysis. In this study, three multiple linear models were developed. The dependent variable was traffic accident density, which is a measure of the relative distribution of traffic accidents. The independent variables were various traffic and socioeconomic variables. CONCLUSIONS : Three traffic accident density models were developed, and all models were statistically significant. Road length, trip production volume, intersections, van ratio, and number of vehicles per person in the transportation-based model were analyzed to be positive to the accident. Residential and commercial area ratio and transportation vulnerability ratio obtained using the socioeconomic-based model were found to affect the accident. The major arterial road ratio, trip production volume, intersection, van ratio, commercial ratio, and number of companies in the integrated model were also found to be related to the accident.
density model;traffic accident;traffic analysis zone;multiple regression analysis;land use;socioeconomic variable
- Jung, D. Y., Kim, D. K., Lee, S. B., 2008. Evaluation on the Effects of Installing School Zones on Crash Reduction with Respect to Land Use Characteristics, Journal of the Korean society of Transportation, Vol 26, No. 3, 109-117. (정도영, 김도경, 이수범, 2008, 어린이보호구역 토지이용 특성에 따른 교통사고 감소효과 분석).
- Kim, J. S., Kim, K. H., Park, B. H., 2011. Developing the Traffic Accident Models by the Function of Arterial Link Sections in the Case of Cheongju, Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol 13, No. 1, 49-57. (김진선, 김경환, 박병호, 2011, 간선도로 기능별 교통사고모형개발 : 청주시를 사례로).
- Kim, J. Y., Park, M. K., Na, H., Park, B. H., 2011. Traffic Accident Analysis of Link Sections Using Panel Data in the Case of Cheongju, Arterial Roads, Journal of the Korean society of Transportation, Vol 29, No. 4, 95-101. (김준용, 박민규, 나희, 박병호, 2011, 패널자료를 이용한 교통사고모형 개발, 대한교통학회지).
- Kim, K. H., Park, B. H., 2010. Developing the Accident Models on the Arterial Link Section in Cheongju, Journal of the Korean Planners Association, Vol 45, No 5, 153-162 (김경환, 박병호, 2010, 청주시 가로구간의 교통사고모형 개발).
- Laura Eboli, Carmen Forciniti, Gabriella Mazzulla, 2012. Exploring land use and transport interaction through structural equation modelling, Procedia-Social and Behavioral Science Vol 54, 107-116. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.09.730
- Lim, S. J., Park, J. T., 2012. Development of Traffic Accident Models in Seoul Considering Land Use Characteristics, Journal of the Korea society of Disaster information, Vol 9, No. 1, 30-49. (임삼진, 박준태, 2012, 토지이용특성을 고려한 서울시 교통사고 발생 모형 개발).
- Park, B. H., Han, S. U., Kim, T. Y., 2009. Traffic Accident Models of 3-Legged Signalized Intersections in the Case of Cheongju, Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol 24, No. 4, 94-96. (박병호, 한상욱, 김태영, 2009, 3지 신호교차로의 교통사고 발생모형, 한국안전학회지).
- Park, B. H., Han, S. U., Kim, T. Y., 2009. Traffic Accident Models of 3-Lagged Signalized Intersection in the Case of Cheonju, Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol 24, No. 4, 94-99. (박병호, 한상욱, 김태영, 2009, 3지 신호교차로의 교통사고 발생모형 : 청주시를 사례로).
- Park, J. T., Jang, I. J., Son, Y. Y., Lee, S. B., 2011. Development of Traffic Accident Forecasting Models Considering Urban-Transportation System Characteristics, Vol 29, No 6, 39-56. (박준태, 장일준, 손의영, 이수범, 2011, 토지이용 및 교통특성을 반영한 교통사고 예측모형 개발 연구).
- Seo, H. S., 2011. SPSS Linear Regression Analysis, Hannarae Academy. (서해선 등, 2011, SPSS 회귀분석, 한나래아카데미).
- Srinivas S. Pulugurtha, Venkata Ramana Duddu, Yashawi Kotagiri, 2013. Traffic analysis zone level crash estimation models based on land use characteristics, Accident Anaylsis & Prevention, Vol 50, 678-687. Traffic accident analysis system, Road Traffic Authority(TAAS). (교통사고 분석 시스템(TAAS), 도로교통공단). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2012.06.016