- Volume 1 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Relationship among Stress in Clinical Practice, Depression and Self-Esteem in Nursing College Students
간호대학생의 임상실습 스트레스, 우울 및 자아존중감과의 관계
- Received : 2015.08.01
- Accepted : 2015.10.14
- Published : 2015.11.30
This study investigated the relationship among stress in clinical practice, depression and self-esteem of the nursing college students. The move to seek the direction of nursing education in order to improve the formulation and self-esteem and reduce depression of the nursing college students. This study was conducted among 200 people attending and nursing college students as a correlation research. Data collection period was from May 1, 2015 to May 31, Data were analyzed by t-values, Correlation coefficient using the SPSS Program 18.0. Stress in clinical practice, depression and self-esteem of the nursing college students showed a correlation between net. Therefore, to improve the nursing students' self-esteem so that you can form a desirable professional intuition is needed to decrease the stress in clinical practice and depression development and application of efficient clinical educational programs.
Nursing college students;Stress in Clinical Practice;Depression;Self-Esteem
- Park HS, Han JY. Factors Influencing Clinical Competence in Nursing Students. Journal of korean academy of fundamentals of nursing. 2013;20(4):438-448. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.4.438
- Park MA. Self-leadership, stress on clinical practice, and stress coping styles in nursing students[master' sthesis].: Kyungpook National University;2009.
- Park BS. Clinical Practice stress and clinical practice, satisfaction due to gender roles and identities of the nursing students [master' sthesis].: Kwandong University;2009.
- Evans W, Kelly B. Pre-registration diploma student nurse stress and coping measures. Nurse Education Today. 2004;24(2):219-228. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2003.12.008
- Park HJ, Jang IS, Choi KS. Stress, Depression, Coping Styles and Satisfaction of Clinical Practice in Nursing Students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 2010;16 (1):14-23. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.1.014
- Stewart S, Dempsey LF. A longitudinalstudy of baccalaureate nursing students' critical thinking disposition. Journal of Nursing Education. 2005;44 (2):181-184.
- Yoo JS, Jang SJ, Choi EK, Park JW. Development of a Stress Scale for Korean Nursing Students . Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2008;38(3):410-419. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.3.410
- Rosenberg M. Conceiving the Self .New York :Basic Book, Inc. 1979.
- Shin KA, Cho BH. Professional Self-Concept, Critical Thinking Disposition and Clinical Competence in Nursing Students. Journal of korean academy of fundamentals of nursing. 2012;19(1):46-56. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.1.046
- Shin EJ. Emotional Intelligence, Ego Resilience, Stress in Clinical Practice of Nursing Students [master' sthesis].: Keimyung University;2012.
- Whang SJ. The Relationship between Clinical Stress, Self-Efficacy, and Self-Esteem of Nursing College Students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 2006;12(2):205-213.
- Beck DL, Srivastsva R. Perceived leveland sources ofstress in baccalaurete nursing students. Journal of Nursing Education. 1991;30(3):127-133.
- Kim SR, Lee JE. Relationship among Stress, Coping Strategies, and Self-esteem in Nursing Students Taking Clinical Experience. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 2005;11(1):98-106.
- Chon KK, Lee MK. Preliminary Development of Korean Version of CES-D. The Journal of Korean Psychology Association. 1992;11(1):65-76.
- M. Rosenberg. Society and Adolescent Self-image. Princeton University Press.1965.
- Jeon BJ. Self-esteem: A Test of It's Measurability. 1974;11:107-124.
- Seo BM. Factors Affecting Clinical Competence among Nursing Students [master' sthesis].: Inje University;2014.
- Kim JJ. Group art therapy effects on the nursing students for stress and depression[master' sthesis].: Aju University;2013.
- Kim HR. A study on relationship between self-concept and mental health of nursing students[master' sthesis].: Hanyang University;2012.
- Lim SY, Kim SY, Choi HM. The Relationships of Major Satisfaction, Self-Esteem and Nursing Professionalism of the Nursing College Students. The Journal of the Convergence on Culture Technology (JCCT). 2015;1(2):45-51.
- Correlations among Sleep Quality, Depression and Satisfaction with Enrolled in the Nursing College Students vol.4, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15268/ksim.2016.4.3.093
- Effects of Empowerment and Emotional Intelligence in the Relationship between Clinical Practicum Stress and Burnout among Nursing College Students vol.25, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2017.25.2.120