- Volume 1 Issue 4
This study was aimed to make data how much spent money of medical utilization and direct medical cost. In order to research we were using Korea Health panel 2012 Statistics which data contained Diabetes mellitus client 812 people in age 19. The method of this study was emergency cost, admission medical cost, out patient department cost(client own due, National Health insurance service due, not insurance fee). The result of this study, Diabete Mellitus client were using 198 times during 1 year per 100, total medical direct cost were 859,942 won, 447,359 won, 363,255,508. And admission times were 5.6 times per year, total direct cost was 772,240 won, 4,061,982 won, and 3,298,329,384 won, and out patient clinic using number was 10 times, medical cost total direct cost containing total direct cost was 11,978 won, 26,020 won, and 21,129,240 won. From this research we conclusion that the occurrence of diabetes mellitus can be increased medical cost and direct medical cost and it can be huge burden to client including their family and quality of life in the future. We suggest that in order to prevention and management of diabetes mellitus healthy diet, activity, blood sugar, and blood management should be encouragement.
direct medical costs;medical expenses
- Amons et. The rising global burden of diabetes and its complications diabet med 1997;14 Suppl 5:S1-85
- Bjok S : The cost of diavetes and diabetes care. diabetes Research and Clinical Practics(supple I) : S13-18, 2001
- gimgyeongsik. Choechungho, yidoyoung, gimeun-gjin: diabetes epidemiological studies on diabetes in Korean rural residents 1: 17-24, 1972
- Kim Yong Il, choecheolsu, Kim, Sang - Wook. Transactions, gimhyeongho, a rhinoceros, or more, bakjungyeol, hongseonggwan, yigieop: Jeongeup prevalence of diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance from residents and diabetes. 22: 80-88, 1998
- ganghyeyoung, bakungseop, jiseonha, gimsang-ah, Park Sung-Joon, seoljaeung, yunjiwon, Lee Eun Joo, jangdeokjin. Room moment: the foundation of our country diabetic complications epidemiological data and research medical expenses. Seoul, Yonsei University Health Policy and Management Institute,
- Kim Dong-jin using panel data outpatient medical care utilization and equity analysis of expenditure 2011
- trauma angiok in accordance with the socio -economic level, the incidence of moderate to severe head injury and analysis 2007
- Park K, Eun SJ, Lee EJ, Lee CE, Park DY, Han K, et al The incidence and patterns of unintentional injuries in daily life in Korea: A nationwide study. J Prev Med Public Health ; 41(4): 265-271.(Korean). 2008. https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2008.41.4.265
- 2005, NHIC own expense survey data. 2005.
- 2006, NHIC own expense survey data. 2006
- Ross H,et al, Large-scale association analysis provides insights into the genetic architecture and pathophysiology of type 2 diabetes, 2007.
- Quah E, et al, Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin. 2002.
- Korea Standard diseases. Sine classification (KCD-6)
- Williams R, Van Gaal L, Lucioni C: Assessing the impact of complications on the costs of type II diabetes. Diabetologia 45:S13-7, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-002-0859-9
- Brandle M, Burke R, Zhou H, Tabaei BP, Smith BRK, Brown MB, Marriott D, Herman WH: The direct medical cost of type 2 diabetes. Diabetes care 26:2300-4, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.26.8.2300
- UK Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS) Group: Intensive blood-glucose control with sulphonylureas or insulin compared with conventional treatment and risk of complications in patients with type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 33). Lancet 352:837-53, 1998 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(98)07019-6
- Stefan Bjo ork: The cost of diabetes and diabetes care. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice 54(Suppl 1):S13-8, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-8227(01)00304-7
- Joeunyoung, clinical features, and direct health care cost survey of Korean patients with type 2 diabetes, 2007.
- 2012 Korea Medical Panel Data. 2012.
- Kang HY. Study on the characteristics of sexual knowledge, attitudes, behaviors and variables forecasting sexual intercourse of university [master's thesis].[Seoul]: Sungkonghae University;184. 2007.
- Changes in prescription pattern, pharmaceutical expenditure and quality of care after introduction of reimbursement restriction in diabetes in Korea 2017, https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/ckx168