- Volume 1 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Prevention Guidelines for Infection-associated funeral directors in Korea
안치실 및 염습실 종사자의 감염예방 가이드라인 연구
Hwang, Kyu-Sung;Jin, Jung-Yu;Kim, Jeong-Lae
- Received : 2015.05.12
- Accepted : 2015.10.16
- Published : 2015.11.30
The importance of disease prevention and risks of infection for funeral workers is present but it has not been studied about disease prevention of funeral workers in Korea. Health cares of funeral workers in Korea live in poor surroundings, because it depends on only effort of Funeral home or workers. And nationwide survey and guideline made for the infection of funeral workers almost do not exist. We propose the guideline about high infectious disease, personal hygiene, physical and spatial management in Korea. We aim to exploit the guidelines in the control, or ideally the eradication, of the disease or infection conditions we are considering. This guidelines contain a guide to funeral director's control procedures and equipment for infectious disease.
Disease prevention;Infection;Funeral workers;Funeral home;Guideline
- GS Whang, JW Youn, "Study on the risk of disease infection for the funeral workers, Journal of Korea Funeral Cultural, 1(1);189-204, 2002.
- M. Lauzardo, et al. Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to a Funeral Director During routine embalming. Chest, 119; 640-642, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.119.2.640
- EM. Beltramir, Risk and management of blood-borne infections in health care workers. Clinnical microbiology reviews. 13(3); 385-407, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1128/CMR.13.3.385-407.2000
- S Young. Infection in the deceased: a survey of management. Communicable Disease Report, 5(5), 1995.
- The results of the National Infectious Diseases Surveillance, 2014.
- SB Turners. Occupational Exposure to Human Immunodeficiency Virus(HIV) and Hepatitis B virus(HBV) among Embalmers:A Pilot Seroprevalence Study. AJPH, 79(10); 1425-1426, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.79.10.1425
- GM Hutchins, et al. Practice Guidelines for Autopsy Pathology Autopsy Reporting. Arch Pathol Lab Med, 123, 1085-1092, 1999.
- HJ. Hardin. Infection control at autopsy: a guide for pathologists and autopsy personnel. Current Diagnostic Pathology, 6; 75-83, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1054/cdip.2000.0021
- Health protection agency. Infection Control Guidelines for Funeral Directors. USA. 1-24, December 2012.
- Health and Safety Executive. Controlling the risks of infection at work from human remains. 1-30.
- Health protective agency. Essex health protection unit. infection control guidelines for funeral directors. 2004.
- JY Jin, et al. A study of the infection awareness among funeral workers of the funeral workrooms and infection prevention guideline. Dissertation on dept. funeral science, Eulji University. 2014.
- An Inquiry of properness and Legal Bases about the Embalming in Korea vol.2, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.17703/JCCT.2016.2.3.9
- A Study on the Funeral director's working Circumstances and Management Facilities associated Infection Disease on Funeral home vol.2, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.17703/JCCT.2016.2.3.1