- Volume 40 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Computational Study of Cutting Planes for a Lot-Sizing Problem in Branch-and-Cut Algorithm
Branch-and-Cut 알고리즘에서 Lot-Sizing 문제에 대한 Cutting Planes의 전산 성능 연구
- Received : 2015.07.24
- Accepted : 2015.07.30
- Published : 2015.08.31
In this paper, we evaluate the strength of three families of cutting planes for a lot-sizing problem. Lot-sizing problem is very basic MIP model for production planning and many strong valid inequalities have been developed for a variety of relaxations in the literature. To use three families of cutting planes in Branch-and-Cut framework, we develop separation algorithms for each cut and implement them in CPLEX. Then, we perform computational study to compare the effectiveness of three cuts for randomly generated instances of the lot-sizing problem.
Mixed-Integer Programming (MIP);Branch-and-Cut;Lot-Sizing Problem;Separation
- Balas, E. and M. Perregaard, "A precise correspondence between lift-and-project cuts, simple disjunctive cuts, and mixed-integer gomory cuts for 0-1 programming," Mathematical Programming, Vol.94(2003), pp.221-245. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10107-002-0317-y
- Balas, E., S. Ceria, and G. Cornuejols, "A lift-and-project cutting plane algorithm for mixed 0-1 Programs," Mathematical Programming, Vol.58(1993), pp.295-324. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01581273
- Balas, E., S. Ceria, G. Cornuejols, and R.N. Natraj, "Gomory cuts revisited," Operations Research Letters, Vol.19(1996), pp.1-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6377(96)00007-7
- Barany, I., T.J. Van Roy, and L.A. Wolsey, "Uncapacitated lot-sizing:The convex hull of solutions," Mathematical Programming, Vol.22(1984), pp.32-43.
- Bixby, R. and E. Rothberg, "Progress in computational mixed integer programming-a look back from the other side of the tipping point," Annals of Operations Research, Vol. 149(2007), pp.37-41. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10479-006-0091-y
- Danna, E., E. Rothberg, and C. Le Pape, "Exploring relaxation induced neighborhoods to improve MIP Solutions," Mathematical Programming, Vol.102(2005), pp.71-90. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10107-004-0518-7
- Gomory, R.E., "An algorithm for the mixed integer program," Technical report RM-2597, The RAND Corporation, 1960.
- Gu, Z., G.L. Nemhauser, and M.W.P. Savelsbergh, "Lifted cover inequalities for 0-1 integer programs:Computation," INFORMS Journal on Computing, Vol.10(1998), pp.427-437. https://doi.org/10.1287/ijoc.10.4.427
- Marchand, H. and L.A. Wolsey, "Aggregation and mixed integer rounding to solve MIPs," Operations Research, Vol.49(1998), pp.363-371.
- Marchand, H. and L.A. Wolsey, "The 0-1 knapsack problem with a single continuous variable," Mathematical Programming, Vol.85 (1999), pp.15-33. https://doi.org/10.1007/s101070050044
Supported by : Hongik University