- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Exception Case about the Diagnose Forward Head Posture using the CranioVertebra Angle, CranioRotation Angle and Cobb angle : a Case Report
Park, Han-Kyu;Lee, Sang-Yeol;Kim, Tae-Ho
- Received : 2015.02.24
- Accepted : 2015.04.02
- Published : 2015.05.31
PURPOSE: The purpose of present study was to introduces an exceptional case in measurement methods (CVA, CRA and Cobb angle) to identify the FHP with verified reliability and validity. Subjects: Three males aged 30 years were recruited: A Normal, B and C who have FHP. METHODS: All the subjects were measured CVA, CRA and Cobb angle with the Photogrammetry and Radiography. RESULTS: The results revealed that it is not enough for measurement methods to identify the FHP using CVA, CRA and Cobb angle. On Photogrammetry values; CVA had
Cobb angle;Craniorotation Angle;Craniovertebra Angle
- Brunton J, Brunton E, Aoife NM. Reliability of measuring natural head posture using the craniovertebral angle. Irish Ergonomics Review. 2003;37-41.
- Chansirinukor W, Wilson D, Grimmer K, et al. Effects of backpacks on students: measurement of cervical and shoulder posture. Aust J Physiother. 2001;47(2):110-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0004-9514(14)60302-0
- Chae YW. The measurement of forward head posture and pressure pain threshold in neck muscle. J Korean soc Phys Ther. 2002;14(1):117-24.
- Cuccia AM, Carola C. The measurement of craniocervical posture: a simple method to evaluate head position. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2009;73(12):1732-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijporl.2009.09.011
- Hagberg M, Wegman DH. Prevalence rates and odds ratios of shoulder-neck diseases in different occupational groups. Br J Ind Med. 1987;44(9):602-10.
- Harrison DE, Harrison DD, Cailliet R, et al. Cobb method or Harrison posterior tangent method: which to choose for lateral cervical radiographic analysis. Spine. 2000;25(16):2072-8. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200008150-00011
- Kendall PF, Kendall ME, Geise PP, et al. Muscles: Testing and Function with Posture and Pain. Baltimore, MD:Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. 2005.
- Miyazaki M, Hymanson HJ, Morishita Y, et al. Kinematic analysis of the relationship between sagittal alignment and disc degeneration in the cervical spine. Spine. 2008;33(23):870-6. https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e31816b4619
- Salahzadeh Z, Maroufi N, Ahmadi A, et al. Assessment of forward head posture in females: observational and photogrammetry methods. J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil. 2014;27(2):131-9. https://doi.org/10.3233/BMR-130426
- Seaman D, Troyanovich S. The Forward Head Posture, Dynamic Chiropractic. 2000;18:1-7.
- Quek J, Pua YH, Clark RA, et al. Effects of thoracic kyphosis and forward head posture on cervical range of motion in older adults. Man Ther. 2013;18(1):65-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2012.07.005
- Wickens JS, Kiputh OW. Body mechanic analysis of Yale University freshmen. Research Quarterly. 1937;8(4):37-48.
- Yoo WG. Effect of the Neck Retraction Taping (NRT) on Forward Head Posture and the Upper Trapezius Muscle during Computer Work. J Phys Ther Sci. 2013;25(5):581-2. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.25.581