- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Differences of Shoulder Muscle Activity Onset Time according to Body Tilting Angle in Push-up Exercise
Push-up 동작 시 신체기울기에 따른 견관절 주변근의 수축 개시시간 변화
Cho, Yong-Ho;Kim, Sung-Ok;Choi, Jin-Ho
- Received : 2015.03.23
- Accepted : 2015.05.12
- Published : 2015.05.31
PURPOSE: The purpose of this study was to investigate recruiting order and onset time around shoulder muscle during the push-up according to the body tilting angle. METHODS: Twenty healthy young adult subjects were recruited for this study. They had no neurological and musculoskeletal disease. We used the sEMG for recording onset time of shoulder muscles. Shoulder Muscles were anterior deltoid(AD), posterior deltoid(PD), pectoralis major(PM), upper trapezius(UT). Body tilting angle were measured at 0 degree, 30 degree and 60 degree by using tilting table. Muscles contraction onset time were set by the push-up performed 3 times respectively. Mean of 3 measurements were used. And initiate onset time was decided by the Mean
- Bourdillon JF, Day EA. Spinal manipulation. New York. Heinemann Medical Books. 1987.
- Byl NN, Sinnott, P. Variations in Balance and Body Sway in Middle-Aged Adults: Subjects with Healthy Backs Compared with Subjects with Low-Back Dysfunction. Spine. 1991;16(3):325-30. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199103000-00012
- Carr JH, Shepherd RB. Neurological Rehabilitation Optimizing Motor Performance (2nd ed). Scotland. Churchill Livingstone. 2010.
- Carter ND, Kannus P, Khan KM. Exercise in the prevention of falls in older people: A systematic literature review examining the rationale and the evidence. Sports Med. 2001;31(6):427-38. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200131060-00003
- Dolan P, Adams MA. The relationship between EMG activity and extensor moment generation in the erector spinae muscles during bending and lifting activities. J Biomech. 1993;26(4):513-22. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(93)90013-5
- Hall CD, Schubert MC, Herdman SJ. Prediction of Fall Risk Reduction as Measured by Dynamic Gait Index in Individuals with Unilateral Vestibular Hypofunction. Otol Neurotol. 2004;25(5):746-51. https://doi.org/10.1097/00129492-200409000-00017
- Kim JK, Lee SJ. Effect of stretching exercise as work-related musculoskeletal pain of neck and shoulder. J Kor Alliance Health Phys Edu. 2004;43:655-62.
- Lee EC, Kim HC, Jung DY, et al. Association between job-stress and VDT work, and musculoskeletal symptoms of neck and shoulder among white-collar workers. Korean J Occup and Environ Med. 2007;19(3):187-95.
- Leinonen V, Kankaanpaa M, Airaksinen O, et al. Back and hip extensor activities during trunk flexion/extension:Effects of low back pain and rehabilitation. Arch Phys Med and Rehabil. 2000;81(1):32-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(00)90218-1
- MacKinnon CD, Winter DA. Control of whole body balance in the frontal plane during human walking. J Biomech 1993;26(6):633-44. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(93)90027-C
- Marshall PWM, Murphy BA. Evaluation of Functional and Neuromuscular Changes After Exercise Rehabilitation for Low Back Pain Using a Swiss Ball: A Pilot Study. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 2006;29(7):550-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmpt.2006.06.025
- McGill SM. Kinetic Potential of the Lumbar Trunk Musculature about Three Orthogonal Orthopaedic Axes in Extreme Postures. Spine. 1991;16(7):809-15. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199107000-00021
- Mok NW, Brauer SG, Hodges PW. Hip Strategy for Balance Control in Quiet Standing Is Reduced in People With Low Back Pain. Spine. 2004;29(6):107-12. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.BRS.0000100363.96088.9C
- Moon DJ. Subacromial bursa injection of corticosteroid on hemiplegic shoulder pain. Master's Thesis. AJOU University. 2011.
- Neumann DA. Kinesiology of the musculoskeletal system (2nd ed). St. Louis. Mosby. 2009.
- Panjabi MM. Clinical spinal instability and low back pain. J Electromyo Kinesiol. 2003;13(4):371-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1050-6411(03)00044-0
- Park CH, Kwon OY, Cho SH. The Effect of a Lumbosacral Corset on the Onset of Rectus Abdominis and Hip Extensor Activity During Hip Extension in Healthy Subjects. Phys Ther Koran. 2002;9(1):23-37.
- Richardson CA, Jull GA. Muscle control-pain control. What exercises would you prescribe?. Man Ther 1995;1 (1):2-10. https://doi.org/10.1054/math.1995.0243
- Roh KS, Kwon OY, Yi CH, et al. Comparison of muscle onset times during perturbation between subjects with and without work-related chronic low back pain. Phys Ther Koran. 2007;14(2):21-8.
- Shin KM. Neural blockade and trigger point injection for chronic shoulder pain. J Korean Shoulder Elb 2003;6(2);108-14. https://doi.org/10.5397/CiSE.2003.6.2.108
- Skelton DA, Dinan SM. Exercise for falls management:Rationale for an exercise programme aimed at reducing postural instability. Physiother Theory and Prac. 1999;15(2):105-20. https://doi.org/10.1080/095939899307801
- Voss DE, Ionta MK, Myers BJ. Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation: patterns and techniques(3rd ed). Philadelphia. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 1985.
- Yun MJ, Byon JY, Kim HJ, et al. Effects of 12-week Pilates and Complex Exercises on Female Farm Workers of Cumulative Trauma Disorders. Health Sports Med. 2011;13(3):13-22.