- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Lower Limb and Trunk Muscle Activation on Seat Angle and Height during Sit to Stand and Stand to Sit
시트의 각도 및 높이가 앉고 서기 시 하지 및 몸통의 근활성도에 미치는 영향
Kim, Byeong-Jo;Lee, Su-Kyoung;Lee, Jung-Hoon;Kwon, Hae-Yeon
- Received : 2015.10.13
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2015.11.30
PURPOSE: This study investigated the effects of lower limb and trunk muscles activation on seat angle and height during sit to stand and stand to sit. METHODS: Subjects were instructed to sit and stand on different angles and heights;
Seat;Angle and height;Sit-to-stand
- Park S. Biomechanical analysis of the quadriceps femoris according to the knee alignment in young adults. Doctor's Degree. Daegu Catholic University. 2013.
- Park YH. Influence risk of falls in elders who live at home. J of Korean Gerontological Nursing. 2004;6(2):170-8.
- Schneider EI, Guranlink JM. The aging of America: impacton health care costs. JAMA. 1999;263(17):2335-40.
- Youm CH, Kim TH. Effects of induced fatigue of ankle joint muscle on the capability and recovery of postural control during single-leg stance. Korean journal of sport biomechanics. 2012;22(2):219-28. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2012.22.2.219
- Yu YJ, Lim BO. Kinematic analysis of rising from a chair in healthy and stroke subjects. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics. 2007;17(2):103-22. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2007.17.2.103
- Baer GD, Ashburn AM. Trunk movements in older participants during sit-to-stand. Arch phys med Rehabil. 1995;76(9):844-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(95)80550-8
- Chamberlain MA, Munton. J. Designing chairs for the disabled arthritic. Br J Rhematol. 1984;23:304-8. https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/23.4.304
- Choi JD, Kwon OY, Yi CH, et al. Kinematic and EMG analysis of sit-to-stand with changes of pelvic tilting. Phys Ther Korea. 2003;10(2):99-110.
- Hwang SJ, Son JS, Kim JY, et al. Analysis of Joint Movements and Changes of Muscle Length During STS(sit-tostand) at Various Sitting Heights in the Korean Elderly's daily life. J. Biomed. Eng. Res 2008;29(6): 484-92.
- Levangie PK, Norkin CC. Joint structure and function : a comprehensive analysis(4TH ed). FA Davis, philadelphia. 2005:355-91.
- Mak Y, Levin O, Mizrahi J, et al. Joint Torques during sit-to-stand in healthy subjects and people with parkinson's disease. Clin Biomech. 2003;18(3); 197-206. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(02)00191-2
- Kang MH, Kim JW, Yoon JY, et al. The effect of changes on patella height using infra-patellar strap on the EMG activity of quadriceps muscle during a squat exercise in adults with patellar baja. Phys Ther Korea. 2012;19(1):37-45. https://doi.org/10.12674/ptk.2012.19.1.037
- Kim DH, Park SM, Jeon DY. Kinetic and kinematic comparison of sit-to-stand movement between healthy young and elderly. J Korean Acad Rehab Med. 2006;30(4): 385-91.
- Kim JH, Chun KJ, Hong JS, et al. A study on evaluation of seat pan inclination during sit-to-stand for development of elderly lifting-chair. Gerontechnology Center. KITECH. 2010.
- Kim SY, Kwon JH. Lumbar stabilization exercises using the sling system. The Journal of Korea Academy of Orthopedic Manual Therapy. 2001;7(2):23-38.
- Lee GY, Yoon TL, Kim GS, et al. EMG activity of abdominal muscles during lumbopelvic stabilization exercises. Phys Ther Korea. 2014;21(2):1-7.
Supported by : Dong-Eui University