- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Biomechanical Differences in Lower Limbs Caused by Increasing Heart Rates During Drop-landing
드롭랜딩 시 심박수 증가에 따른 하지의 생체역학적 차이 분석
- Received : 2015.01.30
- Accepted : 2015.06.29
- Published : 2015.06.30
Objective : This study aimed to understand how increased heart rates at the time of drop landing during a step test would affect biomechanical variables of the lower extremity limbs. Background : Ballet performers do more than 200 landings in a daily training. This training raises the heart rate and the fatigability of the lower extremity limbs. Ballet performance high heart rate can trigger lower extremity limb injury. Method : We instructed eight female ballet dancers with no instability in their ankle joints(mean
drop landing;heart rate;kinetic analysis;EMG;Ballet
- Abdel-Aziz, Y. L., & Karara, H. M. (1971). Direct Linear Transformation From Comparator Coordinates in Object-Space Coordinates in Close-Range Photogrammetry. Proceedings of the ASP Symposium of Close-Range Photogrammetry. Urbana, IL.
- Benjaminse, A., Habu, A., Sell, T. C., Abt, J. P., Fu, F. H., Myers, J. B., & Lephart, S. M. (2008). Fatigue alters lower extremity kinematics during a single-leg stop-jump task. Knee Surgery Sports Traumatoogyl Arthroscopy, 16, 400-407. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-007-0432-7
- Chappell, J. D., Creighton, A. R., Giuliani, C., Yu, B., & Garrett, W. E. (2007). Kinematics and electromyography of landing preparation in vertical stop-jump risks for noncontact anterior cruciate ligament injury. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 35(2). 235-241. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546506294077
- Cram, J. R., Kasman, G. S., & Holtz, J. (1998). Introduction the Surface Electromyography, 2nd ed. An Aspen Publication.
- Decker, M. J., Torry, M. R., Wyland, D. J., Sterett, W. I., & Richard Steadman, J. (2003). Gender differences in lower extremity kinematics, kinetics and energy absorption during landing. Clinical Biomechanics, 18(7), 662-669. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(03)00090-1
- Dufek, J. S., & Bates, B. T. (1990). The evaluation and prediction of impact forces during landings. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 22(3), 370-377.
- Ford, K. R,. Myer, G. D., & Hewett, T. E. (2003). Valgus knee motion during landing in high school female and male basketball players. Medicine Science and Sports in Exercise, 35(10), 1745-1750. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000089346.85744.D9
- Fox, E. L. (1984). Sports Physiology. New York, Saunders college publishing.
- Han, G. H., & Lim, B. O. (2009). Mechanism and risk factors of anterior cruciate ligament injuries in female athletes. The Official Journal of the Korean Association of Certifies Exercise Professionals, 11(3), 61-83.
- James, C. R., Dufek, J. S., & Bates, B. T. (2000). Effects of injury proneness and task difficulty on joint kinetic variability. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 32(11), 1833-1844. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-200011000-00004
- Kellis, E., & Kouvelioti, V. (2009). Agonist versus antagonist muscle fatigue effects on high muscle activity and vertical ground reaction during drop landing. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 19, 55-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelekin.2007.08.002
- Kim, K, H. (2007). Effects of Balance Training in the Soccer Player During Drop Landing. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Graduate School of Yonsei University.
- Kim, T. H., & Youm, C, H. (2013). Effects of knee joint muscle Fatigue and overweight on the angular displacement and moment of the lower limb joints during landing. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 23(1), 063-076. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2013.23.1.063
- Konrad, P. (2005). The ABC of EMG. Noraxon: Scottsdale
- Lee, K. Y., & Hong, W. G. (2014). Analysis of kinetic difference according to ankle taping types in drop landing. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 24(1), 51-57. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2014.24.1.051
- Li, G., Rudy, T. W., & Sakane, M. (1999). The importance quadriceps and hamstring muscle loading on knee kinematics and in-situ force in the ACL. Journal of Biomechanics, 32, 395-400. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9290(98)00181-X
- Lim, B. O. (2007). The effects of knee brace on the knee extensor and valgus moment during the rebound in female highschool basketball player. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, 46(4), 509-514.
- Lim, J. M. (2014). Exercise intensity of energy cost of a ballet dance exercise I female collegiate with different technical ability. Dance Reserch Journal of Korea, 72, 175-195.
- McNitt-Gray, J. (1991). Kinematics and impulse characteristics of drop landings from three heights. International Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 7, 201-224. https://doi.org/10.1123/ijsb.7.2.201
- Olney, S. J., & Richards, C. (1996). Hemiparetic gait following stroke. Part I: Characteristics, Gait & Posture, 4(2), 136-148. https://doi.org/10.1016/0966-6362(96)01063-6
- Orishimo, K. F., Kremenic, I. J., Pappas, E., Hagins, M., & Liederbach, M. (2009). Comparison of Landing Biomechanics Between Male and Female Professional Dancers. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 37(11). 2187-2193. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546509339365
- Padua, D. A., Arnold, B. L., Perrin, D. H., Gansneder, B. M., Carcia, C. R., & Granata, K. P. (2006). Fatigue, vertical leg stiffness, and stiffness control strategies in males and females. Journal of Athletic Training, 41(3), 294-304.
- Plagenhoef, S., Gaynor, E., & Abdelnour, T. (1983). Anatomical data for analysis human motion. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sports, 54(2), 169-178. https://doi.org/10.1080/02701367.1983.10605290
- Scott, M., Cheryl M. F., Bryan L. R., Joseph, B. M., & Freddie, H. F. (2002). Gender differences in strength and lower extremity kinematics during landing. Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research, 401, 162-169. https://doi.org/10.1097/00003086-200208000-00019
- Tylkowski, C. M., Simon, S. R., & Mansour, J. M. (1982). Internal rotation gait in spastic cerebral palsy in the hip. In Nelson, J.P. (Ed.), Proceedings of the 10th Open Scientific Meeting of the Hip Society, 89-125.
- Yang, C. S., & Lim, B. O. (2014). Effects of knee brace on the anterior cruciate ligament injury risk factors during spike take off in female volleyball players. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 24(1), 27-33. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2014.24.1.027
- Kovacs, I., Tihanyi, J., Devita, P., Racz, L., Barrier, J., & Hortobagyi, T. (1999). Foot placement modifies kinematics and kinetics during drop jumping. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 31, 708-716. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-199905000-00014