- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Analysis of Horizontal Rotation Movements for Different Ball Course during Two-handed Backhand Drive Stroke in Tennis
테니스 양손 백핸드 드라이브 스트로크 시 볼 방향성에 따른 수평회전운동 비교분석
- Received : 2015.07.30
- Accepted : 2015.09.29
- Published : 2015.09.30
Objective : The purpose of this study was to compare the kinematic data of the horizontal rotation movements of shoulder, hip, knee during two-handed backhand drive stroke according to two different ball directions. Methods : The kinematic variables were analyzed such as the joint angles of the lower body, horizontal rotation angles of the shoulder, hip, inter-knee segment, body twist angle and difference in angle of forward swing. Two-handed backhand drive stroke was analyzed through a three-dimensional motion analysis. The collected data were analyzed by a paired t-test, and the statistical significant value was set at
Two-handed backhand stroke;Horizontal rotation movement;Body twist
- Bartlett, R. M. (2000). Principles of throwing, In V. Zatsiorsky(Eds). Biomechanics in Sports. Cambridge, UK: University Press.
- Braden, V., & Bruns. B. (1998). Tennis 2000. Pearson Education Publisher.
- Burden, A. M., Grimshaw, P. N., & Wallace, E. S. (1998). Hip and shoulder rotations during the golf swing in sub-10 handicap players. Journal of Sports Sciences, 16, 165-176. https://doi.org/10.1080/026404198366876
- Choi, J. Y., & Shin, J. M. (2005). 3-D Kinematic comparison of one hand backhand stroke and two hand backhand stroke in tennis. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 15(4), 85-95. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2005.15.4.085
- Chung, Y. M., Kang, Y, T., & Seo, K. E. (2013). A comparative analysis of horizontal rotation of the shoulder, hip, knee for different stance types during a forehand drive stroke in tennis. The Korea Journal of Sports Science, 22(2), 1313-1323.
- Elliott, B. (1983). Spin and the power serve in tennis. Human Movement Studies, 9, 97-100.
- Fletcher, I. M., & Hartwell, M. (2004). Effect of an 8-week combined weights and plyometric training program on golf drive performance. training program on golf drive performance. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 18, 59-62.
- Horton, J. E., Lindsay, D. M., & Macintosh, B. R. (2001). Abdominal muscle activation of elite male golfers with chronic low back pain. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 33, 1647-1654. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-200110000-00006
- Kang, S. H. (2004). The kinematical analysis of the tennis serve. Korea Sport Research, 15(4), 2135-2146.
- Kang, S. H. (2009). Kinematic analysis of tennis serve return motion. The Korea Journal of Physical Education, 48(5), 421-430.
- Kang, S. H. (2011). Change in rotational motion of the shoulder and hip according to the method used for a 2-handed backhand stroke in tennis. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 21(1), 39-46. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2011.21.1.039
- Kang, Y. T. (2000). Kinematics Analysis of Pushing Shot and Hitting Shot in Tennis. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Busan National University.
- Kang, Y. T. (2006). Analysis of Kinematics and Kinetics on Forehand Stroke by Tennis Stance and Swing Pattern. Unpublished Doctor's Thesis, Busan National University.
- Kang, Y. T. (2013). A comparative analysis of horizontal rotation movement for different stance types during a forehand top spin stroke in tennis. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 52, 717-726.
- Kibler, W. B., Brody, H., Knudson, D., & Stroia, K. (2004). Tennis Technique and Injury Prevention. USTA Sport science committee.
- Kim, H. J., Park, J. H., & Shin, B. C. (2007). Notational analysis of woman's grand slam tennis game. Journal of Korea Sport Research, 18(2), 321-332.
- Kim, Y. S. (2005). The comparative analysis of the required time of practice of actual swing during tennis stroke. Journal of Korea Sport Research, 16(2), 355-364.
- Komi, P. V., & Nicol, C. (2000). Strech-shortening cycle of muscle function. In V. M. Zatsiorsky(Eds). Biomechanics in Sports. Cambridge, UK: University Press.
- Lee, J. M. (1992). Kinematics Analysis of One-handed Backhand Drive and Two-handed Backhand Driver of Female Tennis Player. Unpublished Master's thesis, MyongJi University.
- Lee, G. B., Lee, Y. S., & Lee, G. C. (2004). The notational analysis of the domestic man's single tennis game. The Korea Journal of Physical Education, 43(3), 903-911.
- Lim, H. J., Seo, K. E., Kang, Y. T., & Park, T. J. (2011). A kinematic comparison analysis of the horizontal rotation of shoulder and hip by types of stance during the two-handed backhand motion of male tennis players. The Korea Journal of Sports Science, 20(5), 1271-1280.
- McLean, J., & Andrisani, J. (1997). The X-factor Swing. New York: Harper Collins Publishers, Ins.
- Myers, J., & Jolly, J. (2008). The role of upper torso and pelvis rotation in driving performance during the golf swing. Journal of Sports Science, 26(3), 181-188. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640410701373543
- Na, D. R. (2010). Kinematics Analysis of Two-handed Backhand Stroke between Male and Female Tennis Player. Unpublished Master's thesis, Busan National University.
- Na, D. R., Kang, Y. T., Park, T. J., & Seo, K. E. (2012). A comparative analysis of the horizontal rotation angle and joint angle of body during the two-handed backhand motion of male and female tennis. The Korea Journal of Sports Science, 21(5), 1313-1324.
- Nam, S. G. (2007). A Comparative Analysis of One-handed and Two-handed of Backhand in Tennis. Unpublished Master's Thesis, School Hanyang University.
- Park, C. H., & Baek, S. K. (1997). Sports Biomechanics. Dong-A University Publisher.
- Park, Y. H. (2006). Kinetic Analysis of Lower Body Motion of Male Professional Golfer's Driver Swing. Unpublished Doctor's Thesis, Busan National University.
- Park, Y. K., Kim, Y. S., & Kim, E. J. (2005). A change in electromyogram upon the movement of muscles for forehand stroke in tennis. Journal of Korea Sport Research, 16(4), 593-602.
- Roetert, P., & Groppel, J. (2001). World Class Tennis Technique. Human Kinetics Publisher, Inc.
- Shinl, J. M. (2004). 3-d Kinematic analysis of two-hand backhand stroke in tennis. Journal of Korea Sport Research, 15(6), 887-890.
- So, J. M., & Seo, J. H. (2005). Kinematic analysis attacking of tennis backhand stroke. The Korea Journal of Physical Education, 44(6), 643-655.
- Joo, W. S. (1998). Tennis korea. Seoul:
- Wilson, G., Elliott, B., & Wood, G. (1991). The effect on performance of imposing a delay during a stretch-shortening cycle movement. Medicine and Science. In Sports and Exercise, 23, 364-370.
Supported by : 부산대학교