- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Manufacturing Process Improvement of Electrode for PEMFC
공정 효율 향상을 위한 연료전지전극 개발
- Received : 2015.10.29
- Accepted : 2015.12.30
- Published : 2015.12.30
For commercialization of fuel cell electric vehicles, one of the key objectives is to reduce cost of full stack assembly. Regarding Membrane Electrode Assembly, the major issue is to improve fuel cell activation process in the initial Hydrogen Oxidation Reaction and Oxygen Reduction Reaction. In this research, the VD (Vacuum Drying) process has been developed for improvement of activation process. The VD condition is developed by controlling the temperature and degree of vacuum to remove the remaining solvent of electrode. Consequently, the electrode applied to VD process showed the low characteristics such as 3.5% of remaining solvent content and the improved efficiency such as 15% of activation process speed.
Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cell;Membrane Electrode Assembly;Vacuum Drying Process;Activation Process;Remaining Solvent
- W. Vielstich, A. Lamm, Hubert, "Handbook of fuel cells", John willey & Son, Vol. 1, 2003.
- C.H. Steele, A. Heinzel, "Materials for fuel cell technologies", Nature, Vol. 414, 2001, p. 345. https://doi.org/10.1038/35104620
- H.L. Tang, S.L. Wang, M. Pan, S.P. Jing, Y.Z. Ruan "Performance of DMFCs prepared by hot- pressed MEA and catalyst-coated membrane", Original Research Article Fuel Cells Bulletin, Vol. 2007, Issue 5, May 2007, pp. 12-16.
- H.L. Tang, S.L. Wang , S.P. Jing, M. Pan, "A comparative study of CCM and hot-pressed MEAs for PEM fuel cells", J. of Power Sources, Vol. 170, Issue 1, 30 June 2007, pp. 140-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2007.03.062
- A. Sayari, M. Jaroniec, T.J. Pinnavaia (EDS.), Nanoporous Materials II, Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal. 129 (2000).
- H.Y. Jung, K.Y. Cho and J.K. Park, "Influence of annealing of membrane electrode assembly (MEA) on performance of direct methanol fuel cell(DMFC)", J. of Power Sources, Vol. 163, 2007, pp. 952-956. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2006.09.047
- X.Z. Yuan, S.S. Zhang, J.C. Sun, H.J. Wang, "A review of accelerated conditioning for a polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell", J. of Power Sources, Vol. 196, 2011, pp. 9097-9106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2011.06.098
- T.W. Lim, S.H. Kim, S.Y. Ahn, B.K. Hong, B.K. Ahn, "System and method for activating fuel cell", US 2010/0129689 Al.