- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Evaluating the Selection of Low Rank Coal Gasifier
저급탄 가스화기 선정 평가 연구
- Received : 2015.10.28
- Accepted : 2015.12.30
- Published : 2015.12.30
In order to select an optimum gasifier for specific low rank coal, evaluation elements were studied by analyzing characteristics of low rank coal compared with those of high rank coal and the effects of each gasifier type in accordance with the characteristics. And syngas composition calculation model was made on the basis of thermochemical equilibrium to quantify some of the evaluation elements. And then the suitable gasifier was selected for a kind of Indonesian low rank coal through this syngas composition calculation model and the evaluation elements of selecting gasifier.
Low rank coal gasification;Feasibility study;Gasifier evaluation elements;Thermochemical equilibrium model
- C. Y. Wen and T. Z. Chaung, "Entrainment Coal Gasification Modeling," Ind. Eng. Chem. Process Des. Dev., Vol. 18, No. 4, 1979.
- Phillp G. Kosky and Joachim K. Floess, "Global Model of Countercurrent Coal Gasifiers," Ind. Eng. Chem. Process Des. Dev., Vol. 19, No. 4, 1980.
- Phil, Amick, "Experience with Experience with Gasification Gasification of Low Rank Coals," Workshop on gasification technologies, North Dakota, June 28, 2006.
- NETL, Cost and Performance Baseline for Fossil Energy Plants, Volume 3a: Low Rank Coal to Electricity: IGCC Cases, May, 2011.
- NETL, Industrial Size Gasification for Syngas, Substitute Natural Gas and Power Production, April, 2007.
- Anne-Gaelle Collot, "Matching gasification technologies to coal properties," International Journal of Coal Geology, Vol. 65, pp. 191-212, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.coal.2005.05.003
- D.H. Ahn, J.J. Kim, and C.Y. Kim, "A study on fuel adaptability of imported coals for coal gasification processes for IGCC," Energy Engg. Journal, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 222-231, 1995.
- S.J. Lee, J.W. Lee, and Y.S. Yun, "Performance evaluation of IGCC plants with a variation in coal rank and coal feeding system," Energy Engg. Journal, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 176-187, 1997.
- Christopher Higman and marten van der burgt, "Gasification," 2nd edition, 2008.
- J. M. Nelson et al., "LOW-RANK COAL GASIFICATION STUDIES USING THE PSDF TRANSPORT GASIFIER," available online, 2010.
- H.W. Ra, S.H. Lee, S.J. Yoon, Y.C. Choi, J.H. Kim and J.G. Lee, "Entrained-Flow Coal Water Slurry Gasification," Korean Chem. Eng. Res., Vol. 48, No. 2, April, 2010, pp. 129-139.
- Ola Maurstad, Howard Herzog, Olav Bolland, Janos Beer, "Impact of coal qualityand gasifier technologyon IGCC performance," available online, 2011.
- EPRI, Gasification Users Association (GUA) Annual Report, December, 2010.
- EPRI, Gasification Technology Status, December, 2006.
- D. H. Ahn, J. J. Kim, and C. Y. Kim, "A study of fuel adaptibility of imported coals for coal gasification processes for IGCC," Energy Engg. J, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 222-231, 1995.
- Chase, M. W. "JANAF thermochemical tables," 2nd Edition, 2007.
- A. P. Watkinson, J. P. Lucas and C. J. Lim, "A prediction of performance of commercial coal gasifiers," FUEL, Vol 70, April, 1991.
- Willard W. Pulkrabek, "Engineering Fundamentals of the Internal Combustion Engine, appendix", 2nd etnition, 2004.