- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Bio-Jet Fuel Production Technologies for GHG Reduction in Aviation Sector
항공분야 온실가스 감축을 위한 바이오항공유 제조기술
KIM, JAE-KON;PARK, JO YONG;YIM, EUI SOON;MIN, KONG-IL;PARK, CHEON-KYU;HA, JONG-HAN
- Received : 2015.11.27
- Accepted : 2015.12.30
- Published : 2015.12.30
Thie study presents the biomass-derived jet (bio-jet) fuel production technologies for greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction in aviation sector. The aviation sector is responsible for the 2% of the world anthropogenic
- Y. Su, P. Zhang, and Y. Su, "An Overview of biofuels policies and industrialization in the major biofuel producing countries", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 50, 2015, p. 991. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2015.04.032
- S. N. Naik, V.G. Vaibhav, K.R. Prasant, and K.D. Ajay, "Production of first and second generation biofuels : A comprehensive review", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 14, 2010, p. 578. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2009.10.003
- IEA. The potential role of biofuels in commercial air transport-biojet Fuel. In: 40 IBT, editor, 2012.
- C. David, P. Matteo, B. Marco, and T. Daniela, "Sustainable bio kerosene: Process routes and industrial demonstration activities in aviation biofuels", Applied Energy, 139, 2014, pp. 767-774.
- Leuphana. Bio-aviation fuel feedstock supply challengs, strategies and recent developments, In: Proceedings of the ICAO aviation and sustainable alternative fuels workshop. Montreal, 2011.
- A. Bauen, J. Howes, L. Bertuccioli, and C. Chudziak. "Review of the potential for biofuels in aviation", E4tech, 2009.
- Report on IATA alternative fuels, International Air Transport Association, https://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/alternative-fuels.aspx.
- Report on IATA Sustainable Aviation Fuel Roadmap International Air Transport Association IATA (https://www.iata.org/whatwedo/environment/Documents/safr-1-2015.pdf).
- U.S. Department of Defense. Detail specification: turbine fuel, aviation, kerosene typ, JP-8 (NATO F-34), NATO F-35, and JP-8+100 (NATO F-37), 2011.
- American Society for Testing and Materials. ASTM 1655-08a: standard specification for aviation turbine fuels, 2013.
- American Society for Testing and Materials. ASTM D7566-12a standard specification for aviation turbine fuel containing synthesized hydrocarbons, 2013.
- A. Llamas, M.J. Garcia-Martinez, A.M. Al-Lal, L. Canoira, and M. Lapuerta, "Bio-kerosene from coconut and palm kernel oils: production and properties of their blends with fossil kerosene", Fuel , 2012, 102, pp. 483-490. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2012.06.108
- C. J. Chuck, and J. Donnelly, "The compatibility of potential bio-derived fuels with Jet A-1 aviation kerosene", Appl. Energy, 118, 2013, pp. 83-91.
- T. D. Hong, T. Soerawidjaj, I.K. Reksowardoj, O. Fujitac, Z. Duniani, and M.X. Pham,"A study on developing aviation biofuel for the Tropics: Production process-experimental and theoretical evaluation of their blends with fossil kerosene", Chem. Eng. Process, 74, 2013, pp. 124-130. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cep.2013.09.013
- A. Llamas, A.M. Al-Lal, M. Hernandez, M. Lapuerta, and L. Canoira, "Biokerosene from Babassu and Camelina oils: production and properties of their blends with fossil kerosene", Energy Fuels 26, 2013, pp. 5968-5976.
- A. Demirbas, "Progress and recent trends in biofuel", Prog. Energy. Combust.Sci 33, 2007, pp. 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pecs.2006.06.001
- S. Blakey, L. Rye, and C.W. Wilson, "Aviation gas turbine alternative fuels: a review", Proc. Combust. Inst, 33, 2011, pp. 2863-2885. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proci.2010.09.011
- J.-K. Kim, E.-S. Yim, and C. Jung, "Study on comparison of global biofuels mandates policy in transport Sector", New & Renewable Energy, 7, 2011, p. 18.
- J.-K. Kim, E.-S. Yim, and C. Jung, "Study on review sustainability criteria and key approaches for biofuel", New & Renewable Energy, 3, 2013, p. 1.
- T. N. Kalnes, M.M. Mccall M, and D.R. Shonnard, Renewable diesel and jetfuel production from fats and oils. In: Crocker M, editor. Thermochemicalconversion of biomass to liquid fuels and chemicals. Royal Society of Chemistry, 2010.
- D. R. Shonnard, L. Williams, and T.N. Kalnes, "Camelina-derived jetfuel and diesel: Sustainable advanced biofuels", Environ. Prog. Sustain. Energy, 29, 2010, pp. 382-92. https://doi.org/10.1002/ep.10461
- G. R. Wilson, T. Edwards, E. Corporan, and R.L. Freerks, "Certification of alternative aviation fuels and blend components", Energy Fuels 27, 2013, pp. 962-966. https://doi.org/10.1021/ef301888b
- W. Wang, and Tag. L, "Bio-jet fuel conversion technologies", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 53, 2016, pp. 801-822 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2015.09.016
- BYOGY Renewables. Alcohol To Jet (ATJ) emerging through ASTM. ICAO aviation and sustainable alternative fuels workshop. Montreal Canada, 2011.
- B. W. HowkBW, and W.A. Lazier, Thehydration, dehydration and hydrolysis of Organic Compounds. In: national research council, editor. John Wiley & Sons,Inc: New York, NY, 1940, pp. 28-69.
- N. Zhan ,Y. Hu, H. Li, D. Yu, Y. Han, and H. Huang. "Lanthanum-phosphorous modified HZSM-5 catalysts in dehydration of ethanol to ethylene: acomparative analysis", Catal. Commun, 11, 2010, pp. 633-637. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.catcom.2010.01.011
- K. Weissermel, and H.J. Arpe. Industrial organic chemistry. 3rd ed. NewYork, NY: John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
- B. G. Harvey, and R.L. Quintana. "Synthesis of renewable jet and diesel fuels from 2-ethyl-1- hexene", Energy. Environ. Sci, 2010, 3, pp. 352-357. https://doi.org/10.1039/b924004g
- J. Taylor, M. Jenni, M. Peters, "Dehydration of fermented isobutanol for the production of renewable chemicals and fuels", Top Catal. 53, 2010, pp. 1224-1230. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11244-010-9567-8
- F. K. Kazi, J. Fortman, R. Anex, G. Kothandaraman, D. Hsu, and A. Aden etal. Techno-economic analysis of biochemical scenarios for production of cellulosic ethanol. Golden, CO, USA: National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 2010.
- A. Dutta, R.L. Bain, M.J. Biddy. "Techno-economics of the production of mixed alcohols from lignocellulosic biomass via high-temperature gasification", Environ Prog. Sustain. Energy 29, 2010, pp. 163-174. https://doi.org/10.1002/ep.10445
- N. Kauffman, and D. Hayes, R. Brown, "A life-cycleassessmentofadvancedbiofuel production from ahectare of corn, Fuel, 90, 2011, pp. 3306-3314. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2011.06.031
- M. Wu, M. Wang, J. Liu, and H. Huo, "Assessment of potential life-cycle energy and greenhouse gas emission effects from using corn-based butanol as a trans- portation fuel", Biotechnol Prog, 24, 2008, pp. 1204-1214. https://doi.org/10.1002/btpr.71
- M. N. Pearlson. A techno-economic and environmental assessment of hydro-processeed renewable distillate fuels [Thesis]. Cambridge, MA, USA, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011.
- L. Rye, S. Blakey, C.W. Wilson, Sustainability of supply or the planet :a review of potential drop in alternative aviation fuels. Energy. Environ. Sci, 3, 2010, pp. 17-27. https://doi.org/10.1039/B918197K
- J. H. Gary, G.E. Handwerk, and M.J. Kaiser. Petroleumrefining, technology and economics. Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press, 2007.
- L. Li, L.E. Coppola, J. Rine, J.L. Miller, and D. Walker, "Catalytic hydrothermal conversion of triglycerid estononester biofuels", Energy Fuel, 24, 2010, pp. 1305-3015. https://doi.org/10.1021/ef901163a
- M. Pearlson, C. Wollersheim, and J. Hileman, "A techno-economic review of hydroprocessed renewable esters and fatty acids for jet fuel production", Biofuels. Bioprod. Biorefining, 7, 2013, pp. 89-96. https://doi.org/10.1002/bbb.1378
- F. You, and B. Wang, "Life cycle optimization of biomass-to-liquid supply chains with distributed-centralized processing networks, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res, 50, 2011, pp. 10102-10127. https://doi.org/10.1021/ie200850t
- J. F. Y. Hu, and Y. Lu, "Application of Fischer-Tropsch synthesis in biomass to liquid conversion", Catalysts, 2, 2012, pp. 303-326. https://doi.org/10.3390/catal2020303
- M. E. Dry, "Practical and theoretical aspects of the catalytic Fischer-Tropsch process", Appl. Catal A. Gen, 138, 1996, pp. 319-344. https://doi.org/10.1016/0926-860X(95)00306-1
- S. T. Sie, and R. Krishna, "Fundamentals and selection of advanced Fischer-Tropsch reactors. Appl Catal A Gen, 186, 1999, pp. 55-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0926-860X(99)00164-7
- F. Morales, and B.M. Weckhuysen, "Promotion effects in Co-based Fischer-Tropsch catalysis. Catalysis, 19, 2006, pp. 1-40. https://doi.org/10.1039/9781847555229-00001
- J. P. den Breejen, J.R.A. Sietsma, H. Friedrich, J.H. Bitter, and K.P. deJong,"Design of supported cobalt catalysts with maximum activity for the Fischer-Tropsch synthesis", J. Catal, 270, 2010, pp. 146-152. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcat.2009.12.015
- J. P. den Breejen, P.B. Radstake, G.L. Bezemer, J.H. Bitter, V. Froseth, and A. Holmen, "On the origin of the cobalt particle size effects in Fischer Tropsch catalysis", J. Am. Chem. Soc, 131, 2009, pp. 7197-7203. https://doi.org/10.1021/ja901006x
- J. Daniell, M. Kopke, and S. Simpson, "Commercial biomass syngas fermentation", Energies, 5, 2012, pp. 5372-5417. https://doi.org/10.3390/en5125372
- X. Xie, M. Wang, and J. Han, "Assessment of fuel cycle energy use and greenhouse gas emissions for Fischer Tropsch diesel from coal and cellulosic biomass, Environ SciTechnol, 45, 2011, pp. 3047-3053. https://doi.org/10.1021/es1017703
- Department of Energy, Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, Biomass Technologies Office. Catalytic Conversion of Sugars to Conventional Liquid Fuels. USA, Department of Energy, 2012.
- Talmadge M. Techno-economic analysis for the conversion of biomass-derived syngas to fuels and chemicals. Golden, CO, USA: National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 2012.
- J. Han, A. Elgowainy, H. Cai, M.Q. Wang. Life-cycle analysis of bio-based aviation fuels. Bioresource. Technol. 150, 2013, pp. 447-456. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2013.07.153
- Deoxygenation of Fatty Acid Over Three-Dimensionally Ordered Mesoporous Carbon Supported Palladium Catalysts vol.60, pp.9-11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11244-017-0768-2
Grant : 농업/임목부산물 열분해오일 활용 안정화 및 수첨탈산소반응 업그레이딩을 통한 수송연료화 기술개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부