- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Design of the Linear Generator in the Double Acting Stirling Engine
양방향 스털링엔진의 선형발전기 설계에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.11.09
- Accepted : 2015.12.30
- Published : 2015.12.30
This paper describes the continuing effort to analysis and design on dynamic and electrical behavior of gamma-type free piston Stirling engine/generator with dual-opposed linear generator for domestic micro-CHP (Combined Heat and Power) system. The double acting Stirling engine/generator has one displacer and two power piston which are supported by flexure springs. Two power pistons oscillate with symmetric sinusoidal displacement and are connected with moving magnet type linear generators for power generation. To operate Stirling engine/generator, combustion heat of natural gas is supplied to hot-end and heat is rejected from cold-end by cooling water. The temperature difference across the displacer induces the oscillating motion, and it can be explained with mass-spring vibration system. The purpose of this paper is to describe the design process of linear generator for the double acting free-piston Stirling engine.
Double acting free piston Stirling engine/alternator;Linear generator;Piston;Displacer;Operating frequency
- M. W. Bae, and H. S. Chang, "Performance Prediction of Solar Power System with Stirling Engine", Proceedings of KSME conference, 2001.
- J. S. Kim, Y. H. Kang, S. N. Lee, H. K. Yoon, C. K. Yu, J. K. Kim, and D. K. Jo, "Performance of Dish-Stirling Solar Power System", Proceedings of KSRE conference, 2006.
- W. Graham, "Stirling Engines", Oxford University Press, 1980.
- N. W. Lane, and W. T. Beale, "Free-piston Stirling Design Feature", presented at the 8th Int. Stirling Engine Conference, May 27-30, Univ. of Ancona, Italy, 1997.
- H. W. Brandhorst, and P. A. Chapman Jr., "New 5kW free-piston Stirling space convertor developments", Gedeon Associates, Atens, OH, 2009.
- J. G. Wood, and N. Lane, "Advanced 35 W Free-Piston Stirling Engine for Space Power Applications", AIP Conference Proceedings, USA, 2003, pp. 1-6.
- J. S. Ko, Y. J. Hong, H. B. Kim, I. S. Kang, C. S. Lee, and S. J. Park, "Measurement of generating efficiency of Stirling engine for domestic micro CHP system", Proceedings of KSME conference, 2012.
- J. S. Ko, Y. J. Hong, H. B. Kim, I. S. Kang, and S. J. Park, "Experiments on dynamic and electrical characteristics of 1 kW class Stirling engine", Proceedings of KSME conference, 2011.
Supported by : 한국기계연구원