- Volume 26 Issue 6
Numerical study on human thermal comfort in a low floor bus has been conducted. Human thermal comfort in a bus depends mainly on air temperature, air velocity, mean radiant temperature, humidity, and direct solar flux, as well as the level of activity and thermal properties of clothing. The paper presents the velocity and temperature distribution, Predicted Mean Vote (PMV) and Predicted Percentage of Dissatisfied (PPD) indices for the driver and passengers.
CFD;Low floor bus;PMV;PPD;Thermal comfort
- F. Ampofo, G. Maidment and J. Missenden, "Underground railway environment in the UK," Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 24, pp. 611-631, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2003.10.017
- G.G. Maidment and J.F. Missenden, "Evaluation of an underground railway carriage operating with a sustainable groundwater cooling system," International Journal of Refrigeration, Vol. 25, pp. 569-574, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-7007(01)00055-X
- M.-H. Kim, "Numerical study on human thermal comfort in a passenger train," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 82-89, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2016.24.1.082
- S.H. Hong, Thermal Comfort in Automotive, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology Master's Thesis, 2006.
- N.G. Hur, W.K. Cho, "3-D Numerical Simulation of Flows Inside a Passenger Compartment of a Model Vehicle for Heating, Air-Conditioning and Defrosting Modes," SAE Paper 933751, 1993.
- Y. Kim, J. Yang, J. Baek and H. Ji, "Numerical Analysis on the Initial Cool-down Performance Inside an Automobile for the Evaluation of Passenger's Thermal Comfort," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 1154-123, 2010.
- J. Seo, J. Park and Y. Choi, "Evaluation of Thermal Comfort and Cooldown Performance inside Automotive Cabin according to Air-conditioning Vent Location," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 120-129, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2012.20.5.120
- D. Lee, "Experimental Study of the Effect on Cabin Thermal Comfort for Cold Storage Systems in Vehicles," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 23, No. 4 pp. 428-435, 2015.
- P.O. Fanger, Thermal Comfort, Robert E. Krieger Publishing Company, 1982.
- ANSYS, Fluent User's Guide v6.3, 2004.
- ASHRAE Handbook - Fundamentals, ASHRAE, 2013.
- KATS, Size Korea, http://sizekorea.kats.go.kr, 2014.
- ISO, ISO 7730 - Ergonomics of the Thermal Environment, 2005.
- ASHRAE, Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy, ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 55, 1992.
- W.G. Park and M.-H. Kim, "Evaluation of thermal comfort in a low floor bus," Proceedings of KSAE 30th Anniversary Conference 2008, No. 2, pp. 980-985, 2008.