- Volume 33 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Growth Inhibition of In Vitro Plantlets and Improvement of Survival Rate of Acclimated Plant of Strawberry according to Polyethylene Glycol during Bioreactor Culture
딸기 조직배양묘의 생물반응기 배양 시 Polyethylene Glycol 처리에 따른 기내 생육억제 효과 및 순화율 향상
- Received : 2015.02.13
- Accepted : 2015.06.22
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study was carried out treatment of polyethylene glycol (PEG) in order to increase of survival rate of acclimated plants of strawberry's in vitro plantlets through bioreactor culture. We used PEG with molecular weight 6000 (PEG 6000) in this study. Concentration of PEG is non-treatment, 5, 10, 15, and
concentration;fresh weight;growth amount;shoot length;treatment time
- Blum, A. 2013. Use of PEG to induce and control plant water deficit in experimental dydroponics culture. www.plantstress.com/method/peg.html.
- Burnett, S.E. 2004. Effects of polyethylene glysol on the morphology of ornamental seedlings. PhD diss. Univ. Ga., Athens.
- Burnett, S.E., P. Thomas, and M. van Iersel. 2005. Postgermination drenches with PEG-8000 reduce growth of salvia and marigolds. HortScience 40:675-679.
- Dhawan, V. and S.S. Bhojwani. 1987. Hardening in vitro and morpho-physiological changes in the leaves during acclimatization of micropropagated plants of Leucaena leucocephala (LAM.) de wit. Plant Sci. 53:65-72. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-9452(87)90179-8
- Hamayun, M., S.A. Khan, Z.K. Shinwari, A.L. Khan, N. Ahmed, and I.J. Lee. 2010. Effect of polyethylene glycol induced drought stress on physio-hormonal attributes of soybean. Pak. J. Bot. 42:977-986.
- Jordan, W.R., P.J. Shouse, R.L., A. Blum, F.R. Miller, and R.L. Monk. 1984. Environmental physiology of Sorghum. II. Epicuticular wax load and cuticular transpiration. Crop Sci. 24:1168-1173. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci1984.0011183X002400060038x
- Kim, H.J., J.N. Lee, K.D. Kim, J.S. Im, H.T. Lim, and Y.R. Yeoung. 2011. Suitable hormone-free medium for in vitro mass propagation via bioreactor culture of ever-bearing strawberry. J. Plant Biotechnol. 38:221-227. https://doi.org/10.5010/JPB.2011.38.3.221
- Kim, H.J., J.N. Lee, K.D. Kim, J.S. Im, H.T. Lim, and Y.R. Yeoung. 2012. Growth characteristics of in vitro mass propagated plantlets of ever-bearing strawberry 'Goha' according to aeration rate in bioreactor. Korean J. Hortic. Sci. Technol. 30:432-436. https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2012.12053
- Largerwerff, J.V., G. Ogata, and H.E. Eagle. 1961. Control of osmotic pressure of culture solutions with polyethylene glycol. Science 133:1486. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.133.3463.1486
- Lee, J.N., H.J. Kim, K.D. Kim, Y.S. Kwon, J.S. Im, H.T. Lim, and Y.R. Yeoung. 2010a. In vitro mass propagation and economic effects of bioreactor culture in ever-bearing strawberry 'Goha'. Korean J. Hortic. Sci. Technol. 28:845-849.
- Lee, J.N., H.J. Kim, K.D. Kim, Y.S. Kwon, Y.R. Yeoung, and H.T. Lim. 2010b. Appropriate in vitro culture conditions of growing medium for new ever-bearing strawberry 'Goha'. Korean J. Hortic. Sci. Technol. 28:1051-1056.
- Lee, J.N., H.J. Kim, K.D. Kim, J.S. Im, H.T. Lim, and Y.R. Yeoung. 2012. Growth characteristics and economic efficiency of nursery plants production according to transplanting container for acclimatization of mass propagated plantlets via bioreactor culture of ever-bearing strawberry 'Goha'. Korean J. Hortic. Sci. Technol. 30:437-441. https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2012.12054
- Lewandowski, V.T. 1991. Rooting and acclimatization of micropropagated Vitis labrusca 'Delaware'. HortScience 26:586-589.
- Macar, T.K., T. Ozlem, and Y. Ekmekci. 2009. Effect of water deficit induced by PEG and NaCl on chickpea (Cicer arientinum L.) cultivars and lines at early seedling stages. Gazi Univ. J. Sci. 22:5-14.
- McClelland, M.T. and M.A.L. Smith. 1990. Vessel type, closure, and explants orientation influence in vitro performance of five woody species. HortScience 25:797-800.
- Sutter, E.G. 1988. Stomata and cuticular water loss from apple, cherry, and sweet-gum plants after removal from in vitro culture. J. Am. Soc. Hortic. Sci. 113:234-238.
- Sutter, E.G. and R.W. Langhans. 1979. Epicuticular wax formation on Carnation plantlets regenerated from shoot-tip culture. J. Am. Soc. Hortic. Sci. 104:493-496.
- Xu, C. and B. Huang. 2010. Differential proteomic responses to water stress induced by PEG in two creeping bentgrass cultivars differing in stress tolerance. J. Plant Physiol. 167:1477-1485. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jplph.2010.05.006
- Zaid, A. and H. Hughes. 1995. In vitro acclimatization of date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.) plantlets : A quantitative comparison of epicuticular leaf wax as a function of polyethylene glycol treatment. Plant Cell Rep. 15:111-114. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01690265
Grant : 여름재배용 육성품종의 기본묘, 원원묘 생산 및 보급
Supported by : 농촌진흥청