- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Policy Implications for Home-Visit Nursing(HVN) of the Korean Long Term Care Insurance through the implications of the Japanese HVN
한국 장기요양 방문간호의 정책적 함의와 일본 방문간호의 시사점
- Ryu, Hosihn ;
- Arita, Kumi
- 유호신 ;
- Received : 2015.05.15
- Accepted : 2015.12.11
- Published : 2015.12.31
Due to lack of an information system regarding the status of using home-visit nursing (HVN), it has barriers of providing improvement of the HVN for management of elderly health care in Korea. The twofold aims of the current review are to expose the existing agendas for HVN and to suggest the political implications for HVN of Korea based on the transition process and revised HVN system of Japan. This review suggests that an information evaluation system has to precede for HVN services in detail. And, the service provided per manpower should be assessed by separating the code of manpower (registered nurse, nurse aide, dental hygienist) as well as securing detailed and precise information on the HVN services. The other suggestion, development of a community-based home health care nursing model in order to provide necessary services for long-term health insurance beneficiaries. In addition, a master plan for health care for elderly should be established at the national level in order to establish an effective home health nursing delivery system.
Home-visit nursing;Political implications;Long-term care insurance;Korea;Japan
- Byeon, D. H. (2015). Plan for invigoration of visiting nursing center in long-term care insurance for the elderly. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 29(2), 203-218. https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2015.29.2.203
- Fukui, S., Yoshiuchi, K., Fujita, J., & Ikezaki, S. (2014). Determinants of financial performance of home-visit nursing agencies in Japan, BMC Health Services Research, 14(1), 11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-14-11 https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-14-11
- Institute for Health Economics and Policy. (2010). Research report about the supply and demand of home-visit nursing (In Japanese). Retrieved December 9, 2014, from http://www.ihep.jp/publications/report/h21- 5,pdf
- Fukui, S., Yamamoto, M. N., & Fujita, J. (2014). Five types of home-visit nursing agencies in Japan based on characteristics of service delivery: cluster analysis of three nationwide surveys. BMC Health Service Research, 14(1), 644, http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12913-014-0644-8 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-014-0644-8
- Kuwahara, Y., Nagata, T., Taguchi, A., Naruse, S., & Hachimaki, S. (2012). Classification of home visiting nurse clients according to proportion of direct / indirect tasks. Journal of the Japan Society for Healthcare Administration, 49(4), 227-237.
- Kwon, M. Y., Lim, J. Y., Lee, Y. W., & Kim, H. S. (2010). A study of nurses' perception of the visiting nursing services of long-term care insurance. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 24(1), 5-18.
- Lee, J. S., Han, E. J., & Kang, I. O. (2011). The characteristics and service utilization of home nursing care beneficiaries under the Korean long term care insurance. Journal of Korean Academy Community Health Nurse, 22(1), 33-44. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2011.22.1.33
- Lee, J. S., Hwang, R. I., & Han, E. J. (2012). Trends in home-visit nursing care by agencies' characteristics under the national long-term care insurance system. Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, 23(4), 415-426. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2012.23.4.415
- Lim, J. Y., Kim, E. J., Choi, K. W., Lee, J. S., & Noh, W. J. (2012). Analysis of barriers and activating factors of visiting nursing in long-term care insurance. The Korea Contents Association, 17(2), 180-188. http://dx.doi.org/ 10,5392/JKCA.2012.12.08.283
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2015). 2015 Information of integrated health promotion project on community [home nursing care services]. Sejong: Author.
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. (2011). Act for partial revision of the Long-Term Care Insurance Act, etc., in order to strengthen long-term care service infrastructure. Retrieved December 9, 2014, from http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/policy/ care-welfare/care-welfare-elderly/dl/en_tp01 .pdf
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. (2015). Annual health, labour and welfare report 2013-2014. Retrieved March 10, 2015, from http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/ wp/wp-hw8/
- National Health Insurance Service. (2014). 2013 Long term care insurance statistical yearbook. Seoul: Author.
- Oyama, Y., Tamiya, N., Kashiwagi, M., Sato, M., Ohwaki, K., & Yano, E. (2013). Factors that allow elderly individuals to stay at home with their families usingthe Japanese long-term care insurance system. Geriatrics Gerontology, 13(3), 764-773. https://doi.org/10.1111/ggi.12002
- Park, C. Y. & Lee, E. M. (2010). Perception of user and provider on the visiting nursing services of long-term care insurance. Health Security, 9(1), 158-174.
- Ryu, H. S. (2009). An estimation of the cost per visit of home care nursing services. Nursing Economics, 27(2), 111.
- Ryu, H. S. (2014). Strategy planning for Korean home health nursing care in the change of health care environment. Manuscript presented at the meeting of the National Health Insurance Service, Seoul.
- Seo, E. H. & Park, S. I. (2012). A proposal to stimulate the visiting nursing. Spring Symposium on Korean Association of Social welfare Policy: Vol. 2012. Korean provision system of social welfare and acquisition method for publicness (pp.1-16). Seoul: Korean Association of Social Welfare Policy.
- Song, C. R., Kang, I. O., Kim, Y. O., Jo, H. S., & Hwang, M. S. (2008). The Effects of an individual cognitive improvement program on the elderly with mild cognitive impairments. Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, 19(4), 660-672.
- Statistics Korea. (2011). Population projections for Korea : 2010-2060 (based on the 2010 census). Daejoen: Author.
- Sung, M. S., Jang, H. J., Kim, C. G., Kang, K. H., Nam, K. A., & Park, J. D. (2010). Comparative study of home care services under the long-term care insurance system in four nations. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 24(2), 211-255.
- The National Association for Home-Visit Nursing Care. (2005-2014). The number of home visit nursing stations. Retrieved December 9, 2014, from http://www.zenhokan. or.jp/pdf/ new/h26-research.pdf
- National Assembly Research Service. (2015). Legislative agenda for establishing systematically for elderly health care laws (Issue and Argument. No. 966). Retrieved December 9, 2014, from http://www.nars.go. kr/brdView.do?brd_Seq=15767&currtPg= 6&cmsCd=CM0018&category=c3&src=&sr cTemp=&pageSize=10
- Effects of home-visit nursing services on hospitalization in the elderly with pressure ulcers: a longitudinal study vol.27, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/ckx110
- Factors Related to Nursing Home Institutionalization of Elderly using Home Care Services vol.30, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2016.30.3.512
Supported by : 고려대학교