- Volume 29 Issue 3
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to examine the influence of attribution disposition and self-efficacy on clinical practice competence of nursing students. Methods: A descriptive survey design was used. Participants were 214 nursing students who were collected using a structured questionnaire. Data were analyzed by frequencies, t-tests, ANOVA, Pearson correlation coefficients and multiple stepwise regression via spss win 21.0. Results: The total mean score for attribution disposition was
- An, G. D. (1987). The effects of locus of control, perceived classroom climate, and their interaction on academic performance and learning attitudes. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chung-ang University, Seoul.
- Benner, P., Sutphen, M., Leonard, V., & Day, L. (2010). Educating nurses : a call for radical transformation. SanFrancisco, California: Jossey-Base.
- Bandura, A. (1977). Self-efficacy toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Review, 84(2), 191-215. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Campbell, B. & Mackay, G. (2001). Continuing competence: an ontario nursing regulatory program that sopports nurses and employers. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 25(2), 22-30. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006216-200101000-00006
- Chaung, S. K. (2011). Critical thinking disposition, problem solving ability, and clinical competence in nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 18(1), 71-78. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2010.05282
- Choi, M. S. (2005). A study on the relationship between teaching effectiveness of clinical nursing education and clinical competency in nursing students. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Hong, H. Y. (1995). The relationships of perfectionism, self-efficacy. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Hsieh, P. H. & Kang, H. S. (2010). Attribution and self-efficacy and their interrelationship in Korean EFL context. Language Learning, 60(3), 606-627. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/ j.1467-9922.2010.00570 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9922.2010.00570.x
- Jang, H. J. & Kwag, Y. K. (2013). Affecting factors on clinical competence of nursing students. Journal of The Korea Academia -Industrial Cooperation Society, 14(9), 4380-4387. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS. 2013.14.9.4380 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.9.4380
- Kim, D. J. & Lee, J. S. (2014). Influence of ego-resilience and self-efficacy on satisfaction in major of nursing student. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 20(2), 244-254. http://dx.doi. org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.244 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.244
- Kim, G. S., Cho, Y. H., Ra, J. S., & Park, J. Y. (2008). Correlations among self-efficacy, social support networks, and health behavior in undergraduate students. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 22(2), 211-223.
- Kim, K. W., Kang, K. H., & Jeong, G. H. (2012). Self-efficacy and sexual autonomy among university students. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 26(1), 51-59. http://dx.doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.1.051 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.1.051
- Kim, K. H. & Ha, H. S. (2000). A study of department satisfaction factors of undergraduate students. The Korean Journal of Counseling, 1(1), 7-20.
- Kim, S. M. & Hwang, T. Y. (2014). Comparison of stress levels arising in clinical settings, stress coping mechanisms and clinical competency between male and female nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 20(4), 606-616. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.606 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.606
- Kim, S. M. & Park, S. Y. (2014). The effects of attribution disposition, self-efficacy and clinical competency and satisfaction for clinical practice of nursing college students. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 16(6), 3409-3421.
- Lee, E. K. & Park, J. A. (2013). Ego-resilience and the clinical competence of nursing stude nts. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursin g, 27(2), 293-303. http://dx.doi.org/10.593 2/JKPHN.2013.27.2.293 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.2.293
- Lee, M. J. & Jung, D. Y.(2014). The impact of a simulation-based education program for emergency airway management on self-efficacy and clinical performance among nurses. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 26(1), 1-10. http://dx.doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2014. 26.1.1 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2014.26.1.1
- Lee, S. K. & Lim, S. A. (2014). A study on the structural model of attributional styles, academic self-efficacy, academic engagement, and academic achievement. Korean Youth Research Association, 21(5), 195-216.
- Lee, W. H., Kim, C. J., Yoo, J. S., Hur, H. K., Kim, K. S., & Lim, S. M. (1991). Development of a clinical competency measurement tool for student. Yeonsei Nursing, 13, 17-29.
- Leveson, H. (1981). Differentiating among internality, powerful others, and chance. In H. M. Lefcourt (Eds.). Research with the Locus of Control Construct (pp. 15-66). New York: Academic Press
- Nelwati, S., McKenna, L., & Plummer, V. (2013). Indonesian student nurses' perceptions of stress in clinical learning: a phenomenological study. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 3(5), 56-65.
- Pai, H. C. (2015). The effect of a selfreflection and insight program on the nursing competence of nursing students: a longitudinal study. Journal of Professional Nursing, 31(5), 424-431. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1016/j.profnurs.2015.03.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2015.03.003
- Park, Y. S. & Kwon, Y. H. (2013). Ego resilience, problem solving process and clinical practice competency in nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 19(3), 341-350. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne. 2013.19.3.341 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.3.341
- Seo, H. J. (2011). The effect of attribution tendency and ego-resilience on the psycho-social adjustment of the victim of sexual violences. Unpublished master's thesis, Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu.
- Sherer, M. & Maddux, J. E. (1982). The self efficacy scale: contraction and validation. Psychological Reports, 51, 663-667. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.19188.8.131.523
- Shin, K. A. & Cho, B. H. (2012). Professional self-concept, critical thinking disposition and clinical competence in nursing students. The Korean Journal of Fundamentals of Nursing, 19(1), 45-56. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.1.046
- Shin, E. J. (2008). Satisfaction of practice and clinical skill in participation learning and observation learning. The Korean Society of Oriental Neuropsychiatry, 17(2), 195-207.
- Shin, Y. W., Lee, H. J., & Lim, Y. J. (2010). Predictors of clinical competence in new graduate nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 16(1), 37-47. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.1.37
- Yang, S. Y. (2015). The effect of emotional inte lligence and self-efficacy on clinical compete nce of the nursing students. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 15(6), 370 - 378. http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.06.370 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.06.370
- Yune, S. J., Park, K. H., Chung, W. J., & Lee, S. Y. (2011). The effects of attribution tendencies, academic stress, and coping efficacy on academic adjustment of medical students. The Korean Journal of Medical Education, 23(3), 167-174. https://doi.org/10.3946/kjme.2011.23.3.167