- Volume 29 Issue 3
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of a happiness choice program based on reality therapy on subjective well-being and interpersonal relations in nursing students. Methods: A nonequivalent control group pre-posttest design was used. The participants were 45 nursing students, 22 in the experimental group, and 23 in the control group. They were from 2 different colleges of nursing located in 2 regions. The happiness choice program based on reality therapy was held 6 times over 6 weeks, taking 120 minutes per session. Nursing students' subjective well-being and interpersonal relations were measured. SPSS 18.0 using the
- Diener, E., Emmons, R. A., Larsen, R. J., & Griffin, S. (1985). The satisfaction with life scale. Journal of Personality Assessment, 49, 71-75. http://dx.doi.org/10.1207/s1532 7752jpa4901_13 https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa4901_13
- Glasser, W. (1998). The choice theory: A new psychology of personal freedom (Kim, I. J. & Woo, A. R. Trans). Seoul: Korea counseling center.
- Bae, J. H. & Jung, K. Y. (2013). Effects of positive psychological strength program on the enhancement of junior college students' feeling of happiness. Korean Journal of Christian Counseling, 24(3), 113-147.
- Choi, J. S. (2013). Effects of reality therapy group counseling: systematic review and meta-analysis. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Dongshin University, Naju.
- Jang, J. W. & Lee, Y. J. (2009). The development and effects of the happiness improvement group counseling program for college students. The Korea Journal of Youth Counseling, 17(2), 121-138.
- Jo, G. Y. & Park, H. S. (2011). Predictors of subjective happiness for nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 12(1), 160-169. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/kais.2011.12.1.160 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.1.160
- Jo, K. H. & Kim, Y. K. (2010). Understanding the meaning of happiness expressed by nursing students through collage art works: a content analysis. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 16(1), 61-71. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/ JKASNE.2010.16.1.061 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.1.061
- Jo, K. H. (2011). Perception of undergraduate nursing students toward happiness: a Q-methodological approach. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 17(2), 178-189. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.5977/jkasne.2011.17.2.178 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.2.178
- Jun, W. H., Cha, K. S., & Lee, K. L. (2015). Factors affecting subjective well-being in nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 21(2), 276 -284. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015. 21.2.276 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.276
- Kim, C. W. (2013). Effects of the happiness enhancement program based on reality therapy combined with positive psychology interventions. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University, Gwangju.
- Kim, G. H. & Kim, K. H. (2012). Factors related to happiness in first year women nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 21(2), 149-157. http://dx.doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2012.21.2.149 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2012.21.2.149
- Kim, J. J. & Ko, J. J. (2010). The effects of group art treatment using reality therapy on the internal control and interpersonal relationship of children. Korean Journal of Art Therapy, l(17), 811-833.
- Kim, K. S. (2006). Development and application of a program for college students' psychological well-beling. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungsung University, Pusan.
- Kwon, S. M. (2004). Psychology of human relationships. Seoul: Hakjisa.
- Lee, O. H. (2006). Adolescent psychology. Seoul: Jipmoondang.
- Moon, S. M. (1980). A study on the effect of human relations training of university students. Journal of Gyeongsang National University, 19, 195-203.
- Nam, S. H. (2013). International comparison of welfare index. Issue & Focus, 210, 1-8.
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. (2015, November). OECD Health Statistics 2015. Retrieved December 7, 2015, from http://www.oecd.org/health/ health-data.htm
- Oh, G. O. (2009). Effect of the Glasser's reality therapy based positive language training program upon the increase of the use of positive language and the increase of happiness of vocational girls' high school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Park, H. S. (2014). Stress, yangsaeng and subjective happiness among female undergraduate nursing students in the republic of korea. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 20(4), 471-481. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.471 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.471
- Park, S. K. (2002). The development and effects of group counseling program for enhancing happiness applying reality therapy. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Hongik University, Seoul.
- Ryff, C. D. (1989). Happiness is everything, or is it?: exploitation on the meaning of psychological well-being. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 57, 1069-1081. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037//0022-3514.57.6. 1069 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1689
- Schlein, A. & Guerney, B. G. (1971). Relationship enhancement. San Francisco: Jossery-Bass.
- Seligman, M. E. P. (2006). Positive psychology (Kim, I. J. Trans). Anyang: Mulpure.
- Song, Y. S. (2012). Stressful life events and quality of life in nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 18(1), 71-80. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.1.071 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.1.071
- Suh, E. K. & Koo, J. S. (2011). A concise measure of subjective well-being (COMOSWB): scale development and validation. The Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, 25(1), 96-114.
- Watson, D., Clark, L. A., & Tellegen, A. (1988). Development and validation of brief measures of positive and negative affect: The PANAS scale. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 54, 1063-1070. http://dx. doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1243 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1993
- Won, B. Y., Park, T. S., Huh, C. S., & Kim, S. B. (2013). Development and effect verification of marital relationship enhancement program based on reality therapy. Korean Journal of Counseling, 14(6), 3283-3305. http://dx.doi.org/10.15703/kjc.14.6.201312.3283 https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.14.6.201312.3283
- Woo, S. M. (2007). The effects of relationship enhancement training program based on the Glasser's choice theory upon elementary school students' interpersonal relationship and happiness. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Yoo, M. S., Park, J. W., Song, M. S., You, M. A., & Park, H. R. (2013). Effects of passive music listening on psychological well-being and depression in undergraduate nursing students. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 27(3), 490-499. http://dx.doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.3.490 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.3.490
- Influence of Positive Thinking and Subjective Happiness on School Adaptation in Nursing Students vol.30, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2015.29.3.503
- The Effects of Nursing Professionalism and Gratitude Disposition on the Happiness in Senior Nursing Students vol.30, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2015.29.3.503
- The Effects of Group Cinema Therapy Program on Self-Esteem and Interpersonal Relationship in Nursing Students vol.30, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2015.29.3.503