- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of UV disinfection following mechanical filtration for influent seawater on decrease in disease outbreak of juvenile olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus)
유입수의 기계적 여과 후 자외선 살균에 의한 넙치 치어의 질병 저감 사례 연구
- Received : 2015.09.16
- Accepted : 2015.11.12
- Published : 2015.12.30
This study was performed to determine the disinfection efficacy of influent seawater by application of mechanical filtration and UV disinfection system (MFUVDS) in decreasing disease outbreak of juvenile olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Bacterial disinfection rate of influent seawater following the MFUVDS application was 99.27%. Mortalities of the juvenile reared for 4 months were 20~30% lower than those of the control (25.8%~34.9%).
Olive flounder;Mechanical filtration;UV disinfection;Disinfection rate;Mortality
- Chang, P.S., Chen, L.J. and Wang, Y.C.: The effect of ultraviolet irradiation, heat, pH, ozone, salinity and chemical disinfectants on the infectivity of white spot syndrome baculovirus. Aquaculture, 166: 1-17, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0044-8486(97)00238-X
- Cobcroft , J.M., and Battaglene, S.C.: Ultraviolet irradiation is an effective alternative to ozonation as a sea water treatment to prevent Kudoa neurophila (Myxozoa: Myxosporea) infection of striped trumpeter, Latris lineata (Forster). J. Fish. Dis., 36: 57-65, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2761.2012.01413.x
- Frerichs, G.N., Tweedie, A., Starkey, W.G. and Richards, R.H.: Temperature, pH and electrolyte sensitivity, and heat, UV and disinfectant inactivation of sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax) neuropathy nodavirus. Aquaculture, 185: 13-24, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0044-8486(99)00337-3
- Hedrick, R.P., Petri, B., McDowell, T.S., Mukkatira, K. and Sealey, L.J.: Evaluation of a range of doses of ultraviolet irradiation to inactivate waterborne actinospore stages of Myxobolus cerebralis. Dis. Aquat. Org., 74: 113-118, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3354/dao074113
- Hess-Erga, O-K., Attramadal, K.J.K. and Vadstein, O.: Biotic and abiotic particles protect marine hetero-trophic bacteria during UV and ozone disinfection. Aquat. Biol., 4: 147-154, 2008. https://doi.org/10.3354/ab00105
- Kang, J.C., Park, S.I. and Kim, S.G.: The development of filer for environmental improvement. J. Korean Fish. Soc., 32(4): 501-506, 1999.
- Lee, H.J., Yu, H.S., Oh, E.G., Shin, S.B., Park, K. and Kim, J.H.: Germicidal effect of electrolyzed seawater on live fish and shellfish. Kor. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 46(5): 534-539, 2013.
- Liltved H., Hektoen H. and Efraimsen H.: Inactivation of bacterial and viral fish pathogens by ozonation or UV irradiation in water of different salinity. Aquacult. Eng., 14: 107-122, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0144-8609(94)P4430-J
- Liltved, H. and Cripps, S.J.: Removal of particle-associated bacteria by prefiltration and ultraviolet irradiation. Aquacult. Res., 30: 445-450, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2109.1999.00349.x
- Munro, P.D., Henderson, R.J., Barbour, A. and Birkbeck, T.H.: Partial descontamination of rotifers with ultraviolet radiation(The effect of changes in the internal bacterial load and flora of rotifers on mortalities in start-feeding larval turbot). Aquaculture, 170: 229-244, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0044-8486(98)00419-0
- Muroga, K.: Vural and bacterial disease in larval and juvenile marine fish and shellfish. Fish Pathol., 30 (1): 71-85. 1995. https://doi.org/10.3147/jsfp.30.71
- Oh, M.J., Kim, H.Y. and Cho, H.S.: Disinfection of culture water supply by ozonization(I. Suscceptibility of some fish-pathogenic bacteria isolated from cultured marine fish). J. Fish pathol., 12(1): 42-48, 1999.
- Park, K.H., Oh, M.J. and Kim, H.Y.: Disinfection effect of chlorine dioxide on pathogenic bacteria from marine fish. J. of Aquaculture, 16(2): 118-123, 2003.
- Pascho, R.J., Landolt, M.L. and Ongerth, J.E.: Inactivation of Renibacterium salmoninarum by free chlorine. Aquaculture 131, 165-175, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0044-8486(94)00361-Q
- Perrins, J.C., Cooper, W.J., van Leeuwen, J.H. and Herwig, R.P.: Ozonation of seawater from different locations(Formation and decay of total residual oxidant-.implications for ballast water treatment). Mar. Pollut. Bull., 52: 1023-1033, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2006.01.007
- Shirakashi S., Nishimura T., Kameshima N., Yamashita H., Ishitani H., Ishimaru K. and Yokoyama H.: Effectiveness of ultraviolet irradiation of seawater for the prevention of Kudoa yasunagai and Kudoa amamiensis (Myxozoa: Multivalvulida) infections in seriola fish. Fish. Pathol., 49(3): 141-144, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3147/jsfp.49.141
- Wedemeyer, G.A.: Physiology of Fish in Intensive Culture Systems, pp. 202-226, International Thompson Publishing, New York, 1996.
- Whipple, M.J. and Rohovec, J.S.: The effects of heat and low pH on selected viral and bacterial fish pathogens. Aquaculture, 123: 179-189, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0044-8486(94)90056-6
Grant : 수산실용화 기술개발
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술진흥원