- Volume 48 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study of Geological Log Database for Public Wells, Jeju Island
제주도 공공 관정 지질주상도 DB 구축 소개
Pak, Song-Hyon;Koh, Giwon;Park, Junbeom;Moon, Dukchul;Yoon, Woo Seok
- Received : 2015.11.16
- Accepted : 2015.12.24
- Published : 2015.12.28
This study introduces newly implemented geological well logs database for Jeju public water wells, built for a research project focusing on integrated hydrogeology database of Jeju Island. A detailed analysis of the existing 1,200 Jeju Island geological logs for the public wells developed since 1970 revealed six major indications to be improved for their use in Jeju geological logs DB construction: (1) lack of uniformity in rock name classification, (2) poor definitions of pyroclastic deposits and sand and gravel layers, (3) lack of well borehole aquifer information, (4) lack of information on well screen installation in many water wells, (5) differences by person in geological logging descriptions. A new Jeju geological logs DB enabling standardized input and output formats has been implemented to overcome the above indications by reestablishing the names of Jeju volcanic and sedimentary rocks and utilizing a commercial, database-based input structured, geological log program. The newly designed database structure in geological log program enables users to store a large number of geology, well drilling, and test data at the standardized DB input structure. Also, well borehole groundwater and aquifer test data can be easily added without modifying the existing database structure. Thus, the newly implemented geological logs DB could be a standardized DB for a large number of Jeju existing public wells and new wells to be developed in the future at Jeju Island. Also, the new geological logs DB will be a basis for ongoing project 'Developing GIS-based integrated interpretation system for Jeju Island hydrogeology'.
Geological logs DB;Jeju public wells
- ADC (Agricultural Development Corporation) (1971) Groundwater Report and Geologic Map (1:100,000) of Jeju Island, 381p (Korean)
- Bell, F. G. (2007) Engineering Geology, 2nd Edition, 581p.
- CEG (2014) XSiteMap User's Manual - V3.0 for Windows, 226p. (Korean)
- JSSGP (Jeju Special Self-Governing Province) Water Resource Headquarters (2001) Jeju Island Public Well Geological Logs (Volume I) (Korean)
- JSSGP (Jeju Special Self-Governing Province) Water Resource Headquarters (2012) Jeju Island Public Well Geological Logs (Volume II) (Korean)
- KARICO (Korea Agricultural and Rural Infrastructure Corporation) (2001) Naming Convention (Proposal) for Jeju Volcanic Rocks, 92p (Korean)
- MKE (Ministry of Knowledge Economy) (2008) Geological Thematic Map GIS DB Implementation Standard Guideline. KR-2008-국가-034, KIGAM, 713p (Korean)
- MLTM (Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs) (2010) A Guide for Groundwater Investigation and Groundwater Map (Hydrogeological map) Production and Management, K-Water, 156p (Korean)
- MLTM (Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs) (2015), Geotechnical Information Portal System (Korean), Web address: https://www.geoinfo.or.kr/home/form_01.jsp
- USGS, Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) [prepared for the Federal Geographic Data Committee by the U.S. Geological Survey] (2006) FGDC Digital Cartographic Standard for Geologic Map Symbolization: Reston, Va., Federal Geographic Data Committee Document Number FGDC-STD-013-2006, 290 p., 2 plates.
- Bentley (2015) gINT V8i, https://www.bentley.com/en/products/brands/gint
Grant : 제주지역 기후변화 적응을 위한 통합 수자원 관리 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통부