- Volume 31 Issue 12
This study is about the construction safety hands-on education, one of the trainings for industrial accident prevention, focusing on the education method and course improvement through the death accident characteristic analysis. This study aims to suggest the available additional education courses that can be combined with the existing functional education, which is mainly for the enhancement of safety consciousness, along with a model for the way of management. The education courses of five construction safety hands-on education centers in Korea were chosen for the study. To achieve the purpose of the study, the construction death accidents for the recent five years were analyzed about their patterns and the scales of the accident sites to infer the main subjects and the direction of hands-on education courses. In addition, the questionnaire survey was carried out targeting the construction industry trainees in the construction safety hands-on education centers and instructors about the awareness of the construction accidents and the actual contribution level of the existing hands-on safety education courses. Based on the analysis results, the recombination and management plans for the construction safety hands-on education courses and the additionally required education courses were proposed. The analysis results showed that the management plans should be changed from the random education audience and non-hierarchical management to the focused and selective education considering the sections of majority accidents by pattern and of death accidents. For the improvement of education courses, they should be enhanced by recombining the categories resulting from the accident analysis to reinforce the problem awareness through the hands-on education. Finally, the comparative hands-on education course about the difference between the system supports and existing steel supports and the first-aid course for laborer aging were proposed.
건설안전;체험교육;건설업 사망재해;무작위 교육 방식;문제인식강화방안
- An, Y. S. (2008). Study on the Analysis of Present Situation and Improvement Direction of Construction Safety Empirical Education, Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction, 8(4), 95-103. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIC.2008.8.4.095
- Current Conditions of Industrial Accidents Occurring for Recent 5 Years (2010-2014) (Analysis of Ministry of Employment & Korea Occupational Safety & Health Agency), 3-16.
- Dewey, J. (1938). Experience and Education, The Macmillan Co, New york, 28, 89-91.
- Guo, H., Li, H., Chan, G., & Skitmore, M. (2012). Using game technologies to improve the safety of construction plant operations, Journal of Accident Analysis & Prevention, 48, 204-213. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2011.06.002
- Hong, J. R. (2007). A Study on the Activation Method of Safety Education Connected with Hands on Experience in Construction field, Master's thesis, Korea university of Technology and Education, Korea, 30-66.
- Jo, J. H. (2012). A study on the Causes Analysis and Preventive Measures by Disaster types in Construction Fields, Journal of Korea Safety Management & Science, 14(1), 9-12.
- Kim, Y. J. (2008). A Model for Applying Methods of Safety Education Reflecting Individual Properties of Construction Workers, PhD. dissertation, Ajou University, Korea, 46-60.
- Lee, Y. S. (2011). A study on the Plan of Improvement to reduce the occurrence of accidents of Small Construction site, PhD. dissertation, Myoung-Ji University, Korea, 34-73.
- Kaskutas, V. (2013). Fall prevention and safety communication training for foremen: Report of a pilot project designed to improve residential construction safety, Journal of Safety Research, 40, 111-118. (Received Jul. 25 2015 Revised Sep. 25 2015 Accepted Dec. 11 2015)
- 1. Association rules mined from construction accident data 2017, doi:10.5659/JAIK_SC.2015.31.12.3
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단