- Volume 31 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Characteristics of the Buddhist Rituals Held at the Palaces in the Goryeo Dynasty - Focused on the Historical Records of Goryeosa and Goryeosajeolyo -
고려시대 궁궐 내 불교행사의 특성에 관한 연구 - 고려사와 고려사절요의 기록을 중심으로 -
- Woo, Seong-Hoon
- Received : 2015.07.02
- Accepted : 2015.12.22
- Published : 2015.12.31
This paper is to clarify on the periodic characteristics of Buddhist rituals, relationship with held places and Buddhist rituals, and characteristics and hierarchy of the places, in the Goryeo Dynasty, based on a close study of historical records. The results of this study are as follows: Firstly, difference of the held times of Buddhist rituals reflected the periodic characteristics. Secondly, kind or purpose of Buddhist rituals differentiated according its held places. Finally, the kind and purpose of Buddhist rituals provided some clues on the hierarchy and characteristics of the buildings in the palace.
Goryeo Dynasty;Buddhism;Buddhist Ritual;Palace
- An, J. (1999). A Study on the national buddhist rituals of Koryo dynasty : focusing on Yondunghoe, Palgwanhoe and Jaesok Doryang, Doctoral Dissertation, Seoul National University.
- Han, K. (1998). Koryo sawon ui kujo wa kinung (The Organization and Functions of Monasteries during the Koryo Period), Seoul: Minjoksa.
- Heo, H. (1997). Goryeo bulgyosa yeongu (Study on Goryeo Buddhist History), Seoul, Iljogak, 588.
- Hong, Y. (1994). Bulgyo Haengsa ui Seonghaeng, Hankooksa 16, National Institute of Korean History.
- Hwang, B. (1993), Goryeo Muin Jeonggwongi Sawon Seryeog ui Donghyang, Hankuk Sasang Sahak, Vol. 4.5, 91-108.
- Kim, D. (1997). Building Composition and Site Layout of the Main Palace of the Koryo Dynasty in the 11th and 12th Century, Journal of Architectural History, Vol. 6, No. 3, Korean Association of Architectural History, 31.
- Lee, J. (1993). Hanguk bulgyo sawon gyeongje yeongu(Studies of the Economic Situation of Buddhist Temples in Korea), Seoul: Bulgyo Sidaesa.
- Okumura, S. (1979). Korai ni okeru Hakkan'e teki Chitsujo to Kokusai Kankyo, Chosenshi Kenkyukai Ronbunshu, No. 16, Chosensi Kenkyukai, 71-100.
- Park, Y. (1996). Koryo Sidae Sa(A History of the Goryeo Dynasty), Seoul: Ilcisa, 331.