- Volume 31 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Actual Condition of Parking Space Use in Apartment Complex - Focused on the Apartment Building Complex of Mid and Small-size Dwelling Unit -
공동주택 단지 내 주차 공간 이용실태 조사 연구 - 중·소규모 평형 아파트단지를 중심으로 -
- Seo, Won-Il ;
- Choi, Hyung-Ku ;
- Kim, Won-Pil
- 서원일 ;
- 최형구 ;
- Received : 2015.07.16
- Accepted : 2015.12.17
- Published : 2015.12.31
From the time of mass supply of multi-family housing estate where securing of housing stock is more important than living quality, it appears that parking space in the apartment complex has not provided enough, expecially for residents who live in small-size urban dwelling unit. As years go by, automobile oriented society accelerated the chronical parking problem in apartment housing complex even though related parking regulations of multi-family housing strictly enforced. Regarding these problems, city government enforces the first of all parking permit program in Seoul metropolitan area since the introduction of the residential parking permit program in Yongsan-gu. Through this, it manages illegal street parking and achieves a stable parking environment in even low-rise residental area. Even though, it appeared that the previous parking supply law did not seem to solve the basic parking problem generated by high-density housing estate. Therefore, the purpose of this study intends to investigate current parking lot condition of housing estate from the managerial aspect, and to explore the practical implementation of related parking regulations. For this purpose, small-size apartment housing consisted of small-size dwelling units in GangBuk areas of Seoul were selected as typical case. The results was as followings; First, there was a difference between the number of parking section that is written on the building register and the actual number of parking section. The three places of five selected estates indicated inappropriate quantity of parking sections, and two of them had certain level of shortage. Second, it needed to address the safety issues on pedestrian walking paths and caused accessibility problems of blocking the fire lane and parking section for only fire engines under emergency state, which needed to be cleared immediately. Third, as a result of the rates generated by deforcement and poor condition of parking section, the study found that there were 5.91% of illegal parking among total existing parking spaces. Fourth, the study showed that proper managing of deforcement and illegal parking could improve the lack of parking environment nearly 37.26% corresponding to additional needed parking space. Finally, the study contends that proper managing of existing parking space with review on related regulations can be one of practical ways to solve the chronic parking deficiencies rather than providing more parking lot.
Apartment Housing;Parking Space;Actual Condition
- Choi, B. (2014). Analysis of the use of Parking space according to the Dwelling Exclusive Area of the urban-life housing : focused on the one-room type housing in Guro-gu, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul National University, 19, 22-23.
- Han, T. (2015). Evaluating the efficiency and feasibility of parking lot expansion types for remodeling of deteriorated apartment, Seoul National University, 66-78
- JI, C. (2015). A Study on the Utilization and Improvement of Legal Parking Plan of Store House District in New Town, Hanyang University, 16-68.
- Jung, G. (2006). An Empirical Study on Status of Public Parking Place, Daegu University, 23.
- Jin, H. (2014). A Study on the efficient use of parking spaces in a low-rise residential area, Seoul National University, 9-62
- Kim, D. (2013). A Study on Analysis of Parking Space in Apartment Housing Sites, Kangwon University, 47-63.
- Kim, K. (2010). A Study on the selection factors of re-construction and remodeling of old high rise aparment complexes: centered on empirical analysis using AHP, Seoul National University, 5-19.
- Kwon, O. (2007). Study on the Spacial Characteristics for Illegal Parking Act, Kyungi University, 36-44.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교