- Volume 31 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of Calculation Methods for Solar Heat Gain and Lighting Energy by Different Types of Kinetic Facade
키네틱 파사드의 유형에 따른 일사 열취득 및 조명에너지 사용량 계산방법 개발
- Lee, Dong-Seok ;
- Choi, Su-Ji ;
- Jo, Jae-Hun
- 이동석 ;
- 최수지 ;
- Received : 2015.08.06
- Accepted : 2015.12.16
- Published : 2015.12.31
To evaluate annual energy performance of Kinetic facade, a double-skin facade where the movable shading devices installed, hourly shading position should be determined with regard to both of its thermal and lighting energy performances. However, it is difficult to calculate solar heat gain and lighting energy requirement for movable shading devices because of their various changes in shading positions. This paper presents calculation methods for hourly solar heat gain and lighting energy requirement for different types of Kinetic facade so that their hourly movements can be applied to the annual energy calculation. Considering shading movements and material properties, 5 major elements(unshaded fraction, exterior solar attenuation coefficient, exposure coefficient, obstruction index, and light transmittance) affecting thermal and lighting energy were derived. Then, calculation methods of solar heat gain and lighting energy were derived reflecting 5 major elements. 26 types of Kinetic facade were derived and categorized by 3 shapes and 8 movement types of shading devices. Lastly, calculation methods of 5 major elements were derived and set for each type of Kinetic facade.
Kinetic Facade;Exterior Shading Device;Solar Heat Gain;Lighting Energy
- Alzoubi, H. H. & Alzoubi, A. H. (2010). Assessment of building facade performance in terms of daylighting and the associated energy consumption in architectural spaces: Vertical and horizontal shading devices for southern exposure facades, Energy Conversion and Management, 51, 1592-1599. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2009.08.039
- ASHRAE Standard 90.1, (2007). Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings(SI), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers.
- ASHRAE, ASHRAE Handbook Fundamentals, (2005). American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air conditioning Engineers.
- Choi, J. P., Lee, T. K., & Ahn, E. S. (2013). An Evaluation System for Parametric Exterior Louver Designs Including Physical Surroundings, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 29, 91-98.
- Choi, S. J., Lee, D. S., Koo, S. H., & Jo, J. H. (2015). Calculation Method of Shaded Fraction According to Movements Type for Kinetic Facade, proceedings, ISHVAC-COBEE 2015, Tianjin, China. July 12-15.
- David, M., Donn, M., Garde, F., & Lenoir, A. (2011). Assessment of the thermal and visual efficiency of solar shades, Building and Environment, 46, 1489-1496. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2011.01.022
- EN 13363-1, (2007). Solar protection devices combined with glazing - Calculation of solar and light transmittance - Part 1: Simplified method.
- EN 13363-2, (2005). Solar protection devices combined with glazing - Calculation of total solar energy transmittance and light transmittance - Part 2: Detailed calculation method.
- EN 15193, (2007). Energy performance of buildings-Energy requirements for lighting.
- Feito, F., Torres, J. C., & Urena, A. (1995). Orientation, simplicity, and inclusion test for planar polygons, Comput. & Graphics., 19, 595-600. https://doi.org/10.1016/0097-8493(95)00037-D
- Freewan, Ahmed A. Y. (2014). Impact of external shading devices on thermal and daylighting performance of offices in hot climate regions, Solar Energy, 102, 14-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2014.01.009
- Gomez-Munoz, V. M., & Porta-Gandara, M. A. (2003a). General model to build awnings and external walls with optimum shading interaction, Renewable Energy, 29, 605-613.
- Gomez-Munoz, V. M., & Porta-Gandara, M. A. (2003b). Simplified architectural method for the solar control optimization of awnings and external walls in houses in hot and dry climates, Renewable Energy, 28, 111-128. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0960-1481(02)00014-9
- Ji, S. H., Hwang, Y. H., & Lee, B. Y. (2014). A study on shading shape elements and kinetic methods for developing typology of responsive kinetic facade, proceedings, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 34, 15-16.
- Kim, D. K., Jeon, J. U. & Kim, K. S. (2011). Comparison of EnergyPlus Algorithm with DIN EN 13363-2 th Evaluate Solar Transmittance for Glazing System with Venetian Blind, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 27, 373-380.
- Kim, G., Lim, H. S., Lim, T. S., Schaefer, L., & Kim, J. T. (2012). Comparative advantage of an exterior shading device in thermal performance for residential buildings, Energy and Buildings, 46, 105-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2011.10.040
- Montier, C. D., Potvin, A., & Demers, C. (2013). Energy and daylighting potential for adaptive facades: evaluation of movable insulated panels, ICAMA 2013, Proceeding of International Conference on Adaptation and Movement in Architecture.
- Murta, A. (1998). A generic polygon clipping library, Retrieved March20, 2015 from http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/
- Olbina, S. & Hu, J. (2012). Daylighting and thermal performance of automated split-controlled blinds, Building and Environment, 56, 127-138. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2012.03.002
- Tzempelikos, A., & Shen, H. (2013). Comparative control strategies for roller shades with respect to daylighting and energy performance, Building and Environment, 67, 179-192. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2013.05.016
Supported by : 중소기업청