- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Survey of Foreign Consumers Satisfaction with Eye-wear Products in Korea According to Nationality
외국인 소비자 국적에 따른 한국 안경 제품 구매에 대한 만족도 조사
- Received : 2015.10.27
- Accepted : 2015.11.30
- Published : 2015.12.31
Purpose: To investigate consumer satisfaction of foreigners with eye-wear products in Korea. Methods: Foreigners (n=106, United State/Canada, Japan, China, or other Asia) who have purchased the products at optical shops in Korea, were volunteered. Satisfaction factors were categorized into 6 divisions (products, price, vision correction, facilities, kindless, description). Results: The most frequently purchased products were eye-glasses (62%) and sunglasses (25%) by foreigners at Korea's optical shops. Quality satisfaction of the products was higher to Chinese and other Asians than to American, Canadian and Japanese. Price satisfaction was higher to Japanese, American, and Canadian than to Chinese and other Asians. Vision correction and facilities satisfaction were appeared relatively low from American and Canadian. Product descriptions and kindness were, in general, lower than other categories to all nationalities. Conclusions: Satisfaction about eyewear were significantly different depending on the nationality of the foreigner. Based on the various categories of the consumer satisfaction, ethnically customized marketing strategy would be possible to foreigners who stays in Korea.
Product satisfaction;Consumer expectations;Foreigners;Customer satisfaction
- Jang JH, Seo SH. Foreigners' attitudes toward Korean foods and dining out behavior of Korean cuisine restaurants based on their nationality and involvement. J Korean Food Management Soc. 2009;12(5):141-160.
- Ministry of the Interior. 2015 Statistical yearbook of government administration, Seoul: Ministry of the Interior, 2015;147-148.
- Ministry of Culture Spots and Tourism. Yearbook of tourism trends, Seoul: Ministry of Culture, 2014;18-22.
- Choi SW, Kim SY, Kim YS, Jeon SG, Seong KC. Foreign residents' willingness to buy subtropical vegetables. J Korean Agr Management and Policy. 2013;40(3):767-785.
- Lee CE, Lee JK. Relation among consumption value, consumption propensity and customer behavioral intention of hotel's foreign customer. J Korean Academy of Customer Satisfaction Management. 2011;13(1):35-56.
- Pyun SH. A study of characteristics of foreign consumers in multi-cultural society. J Korean Pack Cul Design Res. 2013;33:57-69.
- Kim HJ, Rha JY. Life satisfaction and consumer satisfaction of resident foreigners in Korea. J Korean Family and Environment Res. 2008;46(10):133-146.
- Ko CH, Han HS. A structural approach to examine the service marketing mix elements of airlines. J Korean Tour Management Res Org. 2014;18(58):1-20.
- Park SS. The effects of airline service factors to the TG passenger loyalty. J Korean Tour Management Res Org. 2006;10(2):47-71.
- Gallup Korea. Status using the national glasses press 2011, Seoul:Gallup Korea, 2011;1-4.
- Statistical Office. 2015 International statistics yearbook, Seoul:Statistical Office, 2015;484-486.
- Lee HM, Jung SH, Kim DY. An inquiry into institutionalization of eye-examiner in Korean ophthalmic clinics. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2009;14(1):87-95.
- Kim DY. Effects of physics on development of optometry in the United States from the late 19th to the mid 20th century. J Korean Med Hist. 2014;23(2):343-372. https://doi.org/10.13081/kjmh.2014.23.345
- Jun YM, Ahn YS, Kim MH. A study on the case of merchandising and suggestions for improving competitive power of traditional liquor. J Korean Com Living Sci. 2006;17(2):3-14.
- Sung PJ. Optometry, 7th Ed. Seoul: Daehakseolim, 2011; 13-235.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교