- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study of Awareness Level Based on the Classification in Optical Shop Name - Foucused on University Students in Their Twenties and Thirties -
안경원 상호 분류에 따른 선호도에 관한 연구 - 20~30대 대학생을 중심으로 -
- Received : 2015.12.02
- Accepted : 2015.12.15
- Published : 2015.12.31
Purpose: This study analyzed the names of optical shops currently used in Korea and is to investigate the optical shop names that customers prefer. Methods: We used the 351 names of optical shop all over the country as a sample, and surveyed 296 people aged between 20s~30s in Seoul and Gyeonggi provinces to collect the data. Results: The most used names are currently English names (54.4%) and names of with 2 syllables (30.5%) and 3 syllables (32.5%). For more than 4 syllables, the names included Eye (26.0%) and Glasses (24.3%) are being used a lot. For the name awareness, Korean names (63.0%) was the highest and followed by 1syllable (34.5%) and 5 syllables (20.9%). Conclusions: For the improvement of optical shop awareness, Korean name with 1 to 3 syllables and words related glasses are recommended.
Optical shop name;Optical shop name awareness;Naming optical shop name;Number of syllables;Language of optical shop name
- Statistics Korea. Wholesale and retail trade survey, 2012. http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=101&tblId=DT_1K52B01&vw_cd=&list_id=&scrId=&seqNo=&lang_mode=ko&obj_var_id=&itm_id=&conn_path=K1&path= (2 October 2014).
- Lee OJ, Kim SM, Jung SH, Lee SW, Yoon KH, Kim SG. A Request for optical shop startup education of ophthalmic optics students in kyung-gi region. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2009;14(1):23-29.
- You MJ, Sim SH. A study on the business performance according to management characteristics at an optical store. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2013;18(4):385-397. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2013.18.4.385
- Grewal D, Krishnan R, Baker J, Borin N. The effects of store name, brand name and price discounts on consumers' evaluations and purchase intentions. J Retailing. 1998; 74(3):331-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(99)80099-2
- Eric Y, Geeta M. A sound idea: phonetic effects of brand names on consumer judgments. J Consumer Research. 2004;31(1):43-51. https://doi.org/10.1086/383422
- Oh MK. A study on cultural hybridization in the sea-port city of busan through word types in signboard languages. J of the association of korean photo-geographers. 2014; 24(1):1-18.
- Study on Brand Naming of Optical Shop through Creation of Alternative vol.21, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2016.21.3.181