- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Physical Properties Assessment of Soft Contact Lens with Halogen and Carboxylic Substituted Pyridine as Additive
할로겐과 카르복시산으로 치환된 피리딘 첨가제를 사용한 소프트 콘택트렌즈의 물성 평가
- Received : 2015.05.01
- Accepted : 2015.11.30
- Published : 2015.12.31
Purpose: This study evaluated the optical and physical and characteristics of soft contact lens polymerized with addition of 3-chloropyridine-4-carboxylic acid and 3-fluoropyridine-4-carboxylic acid in the basic hydrogel contact lens material. In particular, the utility of 3-chloropyridine-4-carboxylic acid and 3-fluoropyridine- 4-carboxylic acid as a hydrogel contact lens material was investigated. Methods: In this study, 3-chloropyridine-4-carboxylic acid and 3-fluoropyridine-4-carboxylic acid were used as additives. Also, 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate, acrylic acid, methyl methacrylate and a cross-linker EGDMA were co-polymerized in the presence of AIBN as an initiator. Results: The physical properties of the produced polymers were measured as followings. The water content of 34.54~37.15%, refractive index of 1.4320~1.4342, tensile strength of 0.2872~0.3608 kgf and contact angle of
3-Chloropyridine-4-carboxylic acid;3-Fluoropyridine-4-carboxylic acid;Wettability;UV-block
- Kang SA, Kim JH. Evaluation of Vision-Specific Quality of Life between Spectacles and Contact Lens Wearers. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2007;12(3):111-115.
- Dong EY, Kim EC. Results of Population-based Questionnaire on the Symptoms and Lifestyles Associated with Contact Lens. J Korean Ophthalmol Soc. 2001;42(1):30-35.
- Kim DH, Kim TH, Sung AY. Ophthalmic Application of Polymer with High Oxygen Transmissibility Containing 2-(trimethylsilyloxy)ethyl Methacrylate. J Korean Chem Soc. 2013;57(3):405-410. https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2013.57.3.405
- Kim DH, Sung AY. Application of hydroxy-substituted benzophenone group for UV-block soft contact lens. Korean J Vis Sci. 2015;17(1):57-68.
- Cho SA, Park SY, Kim Th, Sung AY. Characterization of physical properties of hydrogel contact lens materials containing 1,4-butanediol and ()-1,2,4-butanetriol for wettability improvement. Korean J Vis Sci. 2012;14(1):69-76.
- Kim TH, YE KH, Sung AY. Study on the Wettability of Cosmetic Color Contact Lenses. Korean J Vis Sci. 2010 12(2):119-125.
- Ahn SH, Choi GC, Beak YK, Kim YK, Kim YD. Effect of Carboxylic Acid on Optical Properties of CuInS2/ZnS Semiconductor Nanocrystals. J Korean Powd Met Inst. 2012;19(5):362-366. https://doi.org/10.4150/KPMI.2012.19.5.362
Seo MG, Kim SM, LEE DW, LEE KY. Effect of Pyridine on Toluene Diisocyanate (TDI) Synthesis Using Direct Carbonylation over
$Pd/SiO_2$. J Korean Chem Eng Res. 2012;50(3):417-420. https://doi.org/10.9713/kcer.2012.50.3.417
- Kim YC. Studies on the Synthesis of Yellow Coupler and Color Development. J Korean Oil Chemists Soc. 2012; 29(1):116-121.
- Kim DH, Sung AY, Kim TH. Antibacterial and characterization of high performance soft contact lens using fluoroand carboxy-substituted pyridine as additive. Korean J Vis Sci. 2014;16(1):89-97.
- Kim TH, Sung AY. Study on the High-performance Lens Material Containing 4-Vinylpyridine. J Korean Chem soc. 2010;54(4):487-490. https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2010.54.4.487
- Kim TH. Sung AY. Study on the Ophthalmic Lens Materials with High Refractive Index Containing Vinylanisole. J Korea Chem soc. 2010;54(6):755-760. https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2010.54.6.755
- Kim DH, Kim TH, Sung AY. Study on Changes in the Physical Properties of Hydrogel Lens Depending on Ethylene Glycol Dimethacrylate. J Korean Chem soc. 2012; 56(1):169-174. https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2012.56.1.169
- Lee MJ, Sung AY, Kim TH. Influence of Wetting Agents on Physical Properties of Soft Contact Lens. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2014;19(1):43-49. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2014.19.1.43
- Suh YS, Kim SH. UV-Cut Effects of Cotton Fabrics Treated with UV Absorbents. J Korea Society of Clothing and Textiles. 1994;18(5):622-627.
- Protein Absorption and Characterization of Hydrogel Polymer Containing 2-Methacryloyloxyethyl Phosphorylcholine as Additive vol.9, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13160/ricns.2016.9.4.249