- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study on the Local Transmittance Homogeneity of the Ocular Lens
안경 렌즈의 국소적 투과율 균일도 비교 연구
- Received : 2015.10.28
- Accepted : 2015.12.02
- Published : 2015.12.31
Purpose: We have analyzed the transmittance distribution of various ocular lenses using local transmittance microscope to investigate the optical homogeneity of the lens. Methods: The local transmittance of the laser which is focused on the surface of the spectacle lens was measured by using the photo-detector, lock-in amplifier and motorized-stage. 25 multi-coated lenses with non-tinted of 5 groups and 45 multicoated lenses with tinted of 9 groups were analyzed as a sample respectively. Results: Average and deviation of local transmittance for nontinted lenses were measured almost uniformly with various refractive index and coating. However, deviation of transmittance of for tinted lenses was analyzed as about 3.7 times larger than that of non-tinted lenses. Inhomogeneity of local transmittance of for tinted lenses was also analyzed as about 3.1 times larger than that of non-tinted lenses. Conclusions: We could analyze that standard deviation of transmittance and inhomogeneity of local transmittance of for tinted lenses is larger than that of non-tinted lenses using the local transmittance microscope. These analysis using local transmittance microscope can be utilized as a way to evaluate lens performance and improve optical homogeneity.
Ocular lens;Transmittance;Local properties;Homogeneity;Microscope
- Kim TH, Ye KH, Sung AY. The research on the optical reliability of spectacle lens in Korea. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2008:13(1);43-48.
- Yu DS, Yoo JS. Evaluation of ultraviolet blocking of ophthalmic lenses. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2008: 13(3);7-12.
- Noh HR. Changes of thin film coating on polymer lenses with varying temperature. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2014:19(1);1-8. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2014.19.1.1
- Jung MA, Lee HJ, Won CH, Kwon YS. Studies on the tinting of plastic lenses from measures of light absorption. Korean J Vis Sci. 2000:2(2);211-218.
- Choi EJ, Jeong JH, Kim HJ, Seo W, Ju YJ, Yang GT. Tinted-time dependence of the total spectral transmittance in CR-39 plastic color lenses. Korean J Phys Soc. 2009: 59(3);272-277.
- Choi EJ, Lee SU, Lee EJ, Yoon MJ, Jeong JH, Kim CJ et al. Empirical fitting curve for luminous transmittance in tinted lenses using superposition of exponential decay curves. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2011:16(3);283-291.
- Korean Industrial Standard. Ophthalmic optics-Uncut finished spectacle lenses-Part 1: Specifications for singlevision and multifocal lenses. KS P ISO 8980-1:2009.
- Park SK, Ri HC, Youk DJ, Seong DY, Kang SS. A study on the method for the local transmittance measurements of the ocular lens. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2014: 19(4);471-477. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2014.19.4.471
- Korean Industrial Standard. Lenses for Sunglass. KS P 4404:2014.
- Lee SH, Cho HG, Moon BY, Kim SY, Yi MH, Mah KC. Changes of visual acuity according to light transmission of tinted lenses. Korean J Vis Sci. 2008:10(4);279-289.
- Choi HS, Park SJ, Lee SJ, Jin MS, Jun J, Ryu GC. The change of the phoria in accordance with the color and concentration of the color lens. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2011:16(3);339-343.
- Choi HS. The influence of the color and the color density of lens on the accommodative amplitude and the accommodative facility. Korean J Vis Sci. 2012:14(1);47-54.
- Hwang KH, Lee CW, Seong JS, Ryu GC. The effect of tinted lens color and density on the error correction and the speed of reading at near. Korean J Vis Sci. 2014:16(4); 475-483.
- Yoon MH, Ryu GC. A change of stereopsis in accordance with the concentration and colors of tinted spectacle lenses. Korean J Vis Sci. 2013:15(3);263-272.
- Shaik M, Majola PD, Nkgare LM, Nene NB, Singh C, Hansraj R et al. The effect of tinted spectacle lenses on contrast sensitivity and colour vision. S Afr Optom. 2013: 72(2);61-70.