- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Construction Performance of High Strength Concrete Utilizing Wasted Limestone Coarse Aggregates
석회암 폐석 굵은골재를 사용한 고강도 콘크리트의 시공
- Received : 2015.03.13
- Accepted : 2015.11.10
- Published : 2015.12.20
The aim of this research is suggesting application method of the wasted rock obtained from the limestone quarry of raw material for cement as a coarse aggregate for high strength concrete after crushing and sieving processes. The wasted rock has been normally wasted because of its low quality as a material for cement production. In this research, the concrete using this wasted limestone coarse aggregate was evaluated the constructability based on the performances of workability, air content, and compressive strength. From the experiment, a favorable performance was achieved with a limestone coarse aggregate for high strength concrete comparing to the high strength concrete using granite coarse aggregate.
waste limestone coarse aggregate;high-strength concrete;construction performance
- Han CG, Kim HW. Engineering Properties of High Strength Concrete Using Lime Stone Recycling Fine Aggregate. Jourmal of the Korean Recycled Construction. 2007 Mar;3(1):72-9.
- Kim GD, Lee SH, Kim JH, Kim KJ. Mix Design of High Strength Concrete for the High-Rise Building-The Tallest Building in the World, Burj Dubai Tower. Proceedings of the Korea Concrete Institute; 2006 Nov 19-20 ; Seoul, Korea. Seoul (Korea): Korea Concrete Institute; 2006. p. 445-8
- Han CG, Han MC, Kim HW, Baek DH. Influence of Limestone Coarse Aggregate on Properties of the Concrete. Architectural Institute of Korea. 2008 Nov;24(11):85-92
- Han CG, Han MC, Kim HW, Heo YS. Engineering Properties of Concrete Incorporating Limestone Crushed Fine Aggregate. Architectural Institute of Korea. 2007 Aug;23(8):91-98
- Cho BS. An Experimental Study on the Effect of Aggregate Shape Influencing to the Concrete Properties [master's thesis]. [Cheongju (Korea)]:Cheongju university; 1998. 103 p.
- Song YC ; An Experimental Study on the Effect of Aggregate Shape Influencing to the High Strength Concrete Engineering Properties [master's thesis]. [Cheongju (Korea)]:Cheongju university; 1992. 65 p.
- Daimyo Tatsuo, Nakamura Shuzo. Limestone Coarse Aggregates and Concrete. Cement & Concrete. 2005 Nov;(1):705-11
- Minagawa Toshio. Prospects and problems surrounding the aggregate. Japan: Monthly raw concrete; 1992. Nov;11(11). 88 p.
- The National stone, Sand & gravel association. Land Use Permitting Guides for the Aggregate Industry. Egvpt: Review; 2000. 23 p.