- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Engineering Properties of the Non-Cement Mortar using the Fly ash from Combined Heat Power Plant and Recycled Fine Aggregate
열병합발전소 플라이애시와 순환잔골재를 사용한 무시멘트 모르타르의 공학적 특성
- Received : 2015.05.13
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2015.12.20
In this study, to suggest the application method of recycled fine aggregate, the non-cement mortar was prepared and studied with the binders of blast furnace slag, fly ash, and fly ash from combined heat power plant. As a basic experiment, a series of tests was conducted to determine the potions of the binders and types of activator. When the binder was consisted with 20% of fly ash and 40% of fly ash from combined heat power plant, the highest strength of the mortar was obtained, and as an activator, the combination of sodium hydroxide 2.5%, and calcium hydroxide 7.5% showed the highest strength of the mortar. Therefore, this study focuses on engineering properties of mortar contains fly ash from combined heat power plant and recycled fine aggregate according to replacement ratio of recycled fine aggregate based on the optimum mix from the basic experiment. As a result, the best replacement ratio of recycled fine aggregate is 75%.
industrial by-product;fly ash from combined hear power plant;recycled fine aggregate
- Lim SS. Mecanical Properties of Non-Cement Matrix according to rreplacement ratio of Fly Ash in the Thermoelectric Power Plant with Combined Heat and Power Plant [Dissertation]. [Daejeon (Korea)]: Hanbat National University; 2014. 56 p.
- Jeong JY. Properties of foamed concrete according to using methods and types of foaming agent [Dissertation]. [Cheonan-si (Korea)]: Kongju National University; 2012. 137 p.
- Hwang JP, Jin SH, Ann KY. Estimation of CO2 emission with raw materials and energy sources. Proceeding of the Korea Concrete Institute conference; 2011 Nov;2(23):785-6.
- Lee YS, Lee SS, Song HY. Strength properties according to the conditions of low carbon inorganic composite using industrial by-product. journal of the Korea institute of building construction. 2012 Feb;12(1):54-63. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIBC.2012.12.1.054
- Lee SS, Kim YM, Park SG. Strength properties of non-portland cement lightweight matrix according to types and addition ratios of alkali activator. journal of the Korea institute of building construction. 2014. Aug;14(4):301-7. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIBC.2014.14.4.301