- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Seismic Performance Evaluation and Economic Analysis of 5-Story RC Moment-Resisting Frames
5층 철근콘크리트 모멘트-저항골조 구조물의 내진성능 평가 및 공사원가 분석
- Received : 2015.07.06
- Accepted : 2015.08.13
- Published : 2015.12.20
Recently, the concept of seismic design has changed from prescriptive to performance based design. For the performance based design with the specified target performance of the structure, it is necessary to execute the inelastic structural analysis to predict precisely the actual behavior of the structure. To address this issue, the seismic performance of the 5-story RC moment-resisting frames designed in accordance with KBC2009 is evaluated through push-over analysis and economic analysis is conducted focused on the direct construction costs. The results show that the ordinary and the intermediate moment-resisting frame are evaluated to meet the required performance design criteria and that the direct construction costs of the two frames are similar. However, although the special moment-resisting frame designed with strong column-weak girder philosophy satisfies the required performance design criteria, the direct construction cost is uneconomical compared with other frames. Therefore, although the intermediate moment-resisting frame of design category D is prohibited in IBC2012, the ordinary and the intermediate moment-resisting frame are estimated to be more reasonable than the special moment-resisting frame for the design of 5-story RC moment-resisting frame.
RC moment resisting frame;seismic performance;performance point;economic analysis;cost estimation
- Architectural Institute of Korea. Korean building code-structural. KBC-2009. Architectural Institute of Korea. 2009.
- International Code Council. International building code. Washington DC. United States International Code Council, Inc. 2006
- Kang SB, Kim TY. Structural analysis model for reinforced concrete moment-resisting frame systems. Journal of Korea Concrete Institute. 2010 Nov;22(2):307-08.
- Korea Concrete Institute. Concrete design code and commentary. Kimoondang Publishing Company. 2012
- Lee DG, Jo SH. Overstrength and response modification factor in low seismicity. Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2006 Jun;10(3):57-64.
- Kang SB, Kim TY. Pushover analysis of a 5-story RC OMRF considering inelastic shear behavior of beam-column joint. Journal of Korea Concrete Institute. 2012 Oct;24(5):517-24. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2012.24.5.517
- Kang SB, Lim BJ. A study on the response modification factor for a 5-story reinforced concrete IMRF. Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2012 Oct;16(5): 13-21.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency. Prestandard. commentary for the seismic rehabilitation of buildings. FEMA-356, Washington, DC, Federal Emergency Management Agency. 2000.
- Applied Technology Council. Seismic evaluation and retrofit of concrete buildings. Redwood City, Applied Technology Council. Report ATC-40. 1996.
- Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology. Building construction standard production unit system 6-3-4. Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology. 2015
- Public Procurement Service [Internet]. Until the first half of 2015, facility for construction price information; [updated 2015 Mar 6; cited 2015 Jun 1]. Public Procurement Service construction equipment section; [about 2 screens]. Available from: http://www.pps.go.kr
- Construction Association of Korea. Commercial construction industry unit wages 2015. Construction Association of Korea. 2015.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea