- Volume 15 Issue 6
The high performance fiber reinforced cementitious composite (HPFRCC) controls the cracking development of the structure by inducing micro-cracking and strain hardening behavior after the initial cracking under the tensile conditions. Although, in Korea, the research about manufacturing the single-fiber reinforced cementitious composite or the mechanical properties of hardened status has been conducted, the research to apply the HPFRCC with multi-fiber is not sufficient. Hence, in this research, considering the workability and economic aspect for practical applications, the engineering properties of HPFRCC with combined long steel fiber (SL) and long organic fiber (OL) are evaluated such as workability and strength. As a result of evaluating the engineering properties of HPFRCC, the most favorable performance was obtained when the mixture contained 1.5% of combined SL and OL.
steel fiber;organic fiber;fiber combinations;high performance fiber reinforced cementitious composite
- Kim GY, Kim YD, Cho BS, Yun HD, Kim MH. The present status of application and the demanding forecasting of fiber reinforced cementitious. Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute. 2006 Jan;18(1):44-51.
- Masuhiro B, Koji M, Tomonori O, Masanori S. An experimental study on the local damage of concrete plate due to high velocity impact of steel projectile. Japan society of civil engineers. 2007 Mar;63(1):178-91.
- Kim YD, Cho BS, Kim JW, Kim YR, Yun HD, Kim MH. An experimental study on the development of hybrid discontinuous fiber reinforced cementitious composite. Proceeding of the Korea Institute of Building Construction Conference Proceeding; 2003 May 7; Seoul, Korea. Seoul (Korea): The korea institute of building construction; 2003. p.57-60.
- Kim GY, Kim YD, Cho BS, Yun HD, Kim MH. The Present status of application and the demanding forecasting of fiber reinforced cementitious. Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 2006 Jan;18(1):44-51.
- Han DY, Han MC, Kang BH, Park YJ. Effect of hybrid fibers on the engineering properties of HPFRCC. Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection. 2014 Dec;14(6):639-645
- Kim KL, Ahn TH, Kim YT, Kim BG. Application of nylon fiber for fiber reinforced concrete. Magazine of the Korea Concrete Institute, 2004 Nov;6(6):65-73.
- Opara N. K. and Malak S. Tensile Behavior of Slurry Unfiltrated Mat Concrete(SIMCON) ACI Material Journal. 1997;94(1):39-46
- Kim YL, Park DS, Seo CH. Variations of material characteristics of high-strength concrete according to increase of steel fiber volume. Journal of the architectural Institute of Korea. 2005 Fer;21(2): 95-101.