- Volume 29 Issue 6
Pollutants removal efficiency in pretreatment(GAC filter, multi-media filter, disk filter) and RO facilities was investigated for the Jeju Samyang spring water source where raw water intake has been stopped due to sea water intrusion. In addition, preliminary feasibility analysis was conducted between RO and groundwater intake systems. Turbidity removal in 4 different pretreatment processes was less than 25% due to low concentration of turbidity(i.e., less than 0.21 NTU), while multi-media filter is recommended for the pretreatment facility based on the low organic content in raw water as well as cheaper operation and maintenance cost. The average concentration of
- AWWA (2007) Reverse osmosis and nanofiltration, 2nd Ed. AWWA.
- AWWA (2011) Water quality and treatment, 6th Ed. AWWA.
- Jaewon engineering (2014) Feasibility analysis on water quality improvement methods of Jeju Samyang water source.
- Jeju special self-governing province, Division of water supply (2015) www.jejuwater.go.kr.
- Jemin Ilbo (2013) http://www.jemin.com(2013.8.23).
- Kim, W. (2015) A study on introduction of desalination process for jeju samyang 3rd water source, Master thesis, Jeju National University.
- Korea Water Works Association(KWWA) (2010) Standards for water supply facilities.
- MOGAHA(Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs) (2015) www.mogaha.go.kr.
- Segye Ilbo (2014) http://www.segye.com(2014.11.23).
Supported by : 제주대학교