- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Application of the Determination Method of Monitoring Location in Real Water Distribution System
실제 상수관망에 대한 모니터링 지점선정방법의 적용
Park, Yong-Gyun;Jung, Sung-Gyun;Kwon, Hyuk-Jae
- Received : 2015.10.12
- Accepted : 2015.11.06
- Published : 2015.12.15
In this study, determination methods of monitoring location in water distribution system were suggested and applied to real test bed. Small block of Gwangtan water distribution system is consisted of 582 pipes, 564 junctions, 1 reservoir, and 1 pump station. Small block of Ho Chi Minh water distribution system is consisted of 162 pipes, 148 junctions, and 1 reservoir. Two small block water distribution systems were analyzed by pressure contribution analysis method to determine the optimum monitoring locations. The pressure change was estimated at each junctions by the additional demand at a junction. From the results, the optimum monitoring location can be determined by rank of pressure contribution index at each junctions due to demand change at a junction.
Monitoring location;Pressure contribution analysis;Test bed;Water distribution system
- Jun, H. D., Cho, M. S., Back, C. W., Yoo, D. G., and Kim, J. H. (2008). "A methodology to determine realtime monitoring locations for water distribution systems based on the effect index matrix." KWAR Annual Conference, Korea Water Resources Association, pp. 1428-1432.
- Kwon, H. J. (2013). "Methods of determination of optimum pressure monitoring location for the leakage detection in water distribution system." Conference of Korean Water Resources Association, KWRA, pp. 297.
- Liggett, J. A. and Chen, L. (1994). "Inverse transient analysis in pipe networks." Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 120, No. 8, pp. 934-955. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1994)120:8(934)
- Pudar, P. S. and Liggett, J. A. (1991). "Leaks in pipe networks." Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 118, No. 7, pp. 1031-1046.
- Vitkovsky, J. P., Liggett, J. A., Simpson, A. R., and Lambert, M. F. (2003). "Optimal measurement site locations for inverse transient analysis in pipe networks." Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 129, No. 6, 480-492. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9496(2003)129:6(480)
- Bae, J. Y. (2003). "Optimal monitoring locations in water distribution systems." Master's Thesis, Donga University.
- Chung, G. H., Chang, D. I., Yoo, D. G., Jun, H. D., and Kim, J. H. (2009). "Determination of Optimal Pressure Monitoring Locations for Water Distribution." Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, Vol. 42, No. 7, pp. 537-546. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2009.42.7.537
- Yoo, D. G., Chang, D. E., Jun, H., and Kim, J. H. (2012). "Optimization of pressure gauge locations for water distribution systems using entropy theory." Environmental monitoring and assessment, Vol. 184, No. 12, 7309-7322. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-011-2500-1
Supported by : 환경부