- Volume 29 Issue 6
In this study, Hazen-Williams C value of pipes in wide waterworks system was estimated and statistically analyzed. Hazen-Williams C value of water pipe was predicted after 20 years of service period. From the results, it was found that C value of water pipe for treated water maintained higher value of 110 after 20 years of installation. Furthermore, it was found that velocity coefficients of steel pipe for less than and more than 20 years of installation were 117.7 and 109.3, respectively. C value of ductile iron pipe for less than and more than 20 years of installation were 118.1 and 114.2, respectively. In this study, it was also found that small value of C is used in the design of water pipe system. Therefore, excessively bigger size of pipe can be determined in the design of water pipe system. From the results of present study, optimum value of C can be used to avoid the oversized design of water pipe system.
Ductile iron pipe;Hazen-Williams Coefficient;Steel pipe;Treated water;Water pipe
- AWWA (2004). "Manual M11-Steel Pipe(4th Edition)." American Water Works Association, USA.
- AWWA (2012). "Water Treatment Plant Design(5th Edition)." McGraw-Hill, USA.
- Jones, G. M., Sanks, R. L., Tchobanoglous, G., and Bosserman, B. E. (2008). "Pumping Station Design." Butterworth- Heinemann, USA.
- JWWA (2000). "Japanese design guideline for water pipe system."
- Kim, J. H. (1996). "Development of Rehabilitation and Management Techniques for Old Water Distribution Systems." Korea Water Resources Association, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 197-205.
- Korea Ductile Iron Pipe Association (2012). "Handbook of Ductile Iron Pipe."
- KWATER (2009). "Design criteria for water pipe system."
- Ministry of Environment (2004). "Optimum management technology for water and wastewater system."
- Ministry of Environment (2010). "Design criteria for water pipe system."
- Walski, T. M., Gessler, J., and Sjostrom, J. W. (1990). "Water Distribution Systems: Simulation and Sizing."Lewis Publishers, USA.
Supported by : 청주대학교 산업과학연구소