- Volume 14 Issue 6
The objective of this study is to develop an automatic object changer unit to improve changing process problems existing in the conventional horizontal machining center. In order to perform this objective, an upward and downward traverse unit was designed. This unit consists of a motor, reducer, chain and sprocket wheel, and an upper and lower base. This automatic object changer unit performs a sliding contact motion in a purpose built and designed frame. Constraint conditions for the upward and downward traverse unit were first designed. Then, an operation mechanism was designed and introduced as the sum of the kinetic energy for the sprocket wheel and the upper and lower base and which was based on the moment of inertia, which is the kinetic energy of the converted upward and downward traverse unit in the side of the reducer. The paper covers the design of th e Automatic Pallet Changer for th e machining center.
- Bradbee, G. R., Gates, K. B. and Wilcox Jr, R. B., "Early Manufacturing Involvement in New Process Technology", IEEE/SEMI Int. Semiconductor Manufacturing Science Symposium, pp. 12-16, 1989.
- Hawkins, P., "Model Based Semiconductor Factory Automation for Rapid Factory Startup and Change," IEEE Int. Symp. Semiconductor Manufacturing, pp.287-290, 2006.
- Thomas, D. E., Jasper, T. J., Bromley, C. H. and Parakh, N. J., "System and Methodology that Facilitate Factory Automation Services in a Distributed Industrial Automation Environment", US Patent No. 7,392,100, 2008.
- Davies, S., "Factory Automation - Building in Reliability," Manuf. Eng., Vol. 86, No. 2, pp. 36-39, 2007.
- Davies, S., "Unlocking the Future of Automation [Factory Automation]", Manuf. Eng., Vol. 85, No. 1, pp.12-15, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1049/me:20060413
- Fujimoto, H. and Abbil, P., "Human Factor Considerations in the Implementation of Flexible Automatic Production Systems," IEEE Int. Workshop on Robot and Human Communication. pp. 137-142, 1992.
- Brucker, P. J., "Scheduling Problems in Connection with Flexible Production Systems," IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1778-1783, 1991.
- Graves, R. H., Agrawal, A. and Haberle, K., "Estimating Tools to Support Multi-Path Agility in Electronics Manufacturing", IEEE/CPMT Int. Electronics Manufacturing Technology Symposium, pp. 38-46, 1995.
- Yan S. T. and He, Q., "Application of Multi-agent Mode in Dispersed Networked Manufacturing System," Journal of Lanzhou University of Technology, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 44-47, 2004.
- Heinrich, H., Schneider, G., Heinlein, F., Keil, S., Deutschlander, A. and Lasch, R., "Pursuing the Increase of Factory Automation in 200mm Frontend Manufacturing to Manage the Changes Imposed by the Transitionfrom High-Volume Low-Mix to High-Mix Low-Volume Production", Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing Confernce, pp. 148-155, 2008.